Nails, Hair & Makeup for 2 dresses!

lyttleravyn

Hey guys! I have a spring wedding coming up and its the first time I'm using the website Rent the Runway (so excited!). Anyway, I'm planning on wearing two different dresses during the day:

This one for the church ceremony in our hometown:

http://www.renttherunway.com/sites/default/files/dress_badgley_mischka_sequin_bell_sleeve_sheath_1385.jpg

This one at night for the reception in Philadelphia about an hour away, we are staying overnight at the hotel. I thought when else can I wear a long dress besides a winter wedding!

http://www.renttherunway.com/sites/default/files/dress_badgley_mischka_belle_of_the_ball_gown_2441.jpg

The ceremony is at 2, so definitely time to make hair and nail appointments, and I will have some time between events to change and touch up my makeup. But I'm drawing a blank with what to do with my hair, nails and makeup! Any suggestions?

WhatWouldJoanDo

I would get a great blow out and have them put it up in a loose natural way so that you can easily pull it out for a great 'just out of the hair clip" long hair look for the second dress.

As far as makeup, I'd focus on glowing skin, maybe use the NARS copacabana illuminator in your moisturizer or foundation. Choose a neutral palette for the afternoon and build up with perhaps more colour, black eyeliner and mascara for the evening look; or if you want to focus on lips then switch from a neutral lip to a really stand out red lip for evening using a black-lined eye. nails should complement the dress and makeup ...

JennsJewelz

^^ I totally agree with everything! For the day, go for soft nudes, browns or bronzes on the eyes and a your-lips-but-better lippy, then either build up the smoke on the eyes and switch to a pale nude lip, or add some winged cat-eye liner and go with a bold red! If you're not feeling the super bold red, you could even just go with a red stain or a red-tinted gloss, depending on how you normally like it. Nails would be gorgeous in a colour like Butter London's All Hail McQueen, which is a taupey-brown with multi-coloured shimmer (mostly golds), or in a peachy nude shade like Sephora OPI's Non Fat Soy Half Caff. A french mani is always classic and goes with everything. Or, if you feel daring, sport a shimmery gunmetal gray like Chanel's Black Pearl! :) Get a matching pedi, while you're at it, even if you aren't seeing your toes in your shoes! :)