nails or no nails?

madkitty

I really want to start wearing nail varnish as there are so many pretty colours around but not sure how to do it as I dont want it to restrict what makeup I wear :confused: Any tips for you how you do it???

Fairybelle

I wear neutral beiges and pinks on my fingernails and brighter colors on my toes. Good 'goes with everything' neutrals: OPI Tutti Fruti Tonga, Essie Ballet Slippers, Essie Limoscene, Lippmann Satin Doll. Good ones for toes: OPI Cajun Shrimp, OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress (this is also OK for fingers too--it is a classic shimmery red), Lippmann Makin' Whoopee. HTH!!

Beauty Mark

Change your polish frequently. My nails get chipped easily, so it's worth it to make them stay looking nice.

If I want to not change my nail polish often, I usually paint my nails dark purple, dark blue, a cream or beige, or clear with glitter in it.

contrabassoon

There's soooooo many things you can do with your nails. I recommend that you just play around with colours until you find what suits you or that you like the best, just like with makeup.

contrabassoon

Oh and don't worry about restricting the makeup you're wearing! Personally, I don't think everything has to match perfectly.

And just so you know, neutrals (beiges, sheer, golds) go with anything, as well as black nail polish, you can wear anything with it!!

Jacq-i

Personally, I really want to get a french manicure, on acrilic/gel nails. I think that looks goes with everything, and will make my hands look polished 24/7. I'm a little hesitant still... I want to find a nice salon, and have to think about whether I want to commit to fills and the whole shabang...

Anyway, as far as natural nails, I love light sheer shimmery colors. That way, if they chip, it's not so noticable. Then I can always fix it when I get home.

L281173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
Personally, I really want to get a french manicure, on acrilic/gel nails. I think that looks goes with everything, and will make my hands look polished 24/7. I'm a little hesitant still... I want to find a nice salon, and have to think about whether I want to commit to fills and the whole shabang...

Anyway, as far as natural nails, I love light sheer shimmery colors. That way, if they chip, it's not so noticable. Then I can always fix it when I get home.

I don't recommend acrylic or anything for the nails at all. Start with a nice weekly manicure. Your nails will grow strong and healthy. Acrylic tends to damage nail beds.

ThiicknSeskii

Quote:
Originally Posted by L281173
I don't recommend acrylic or anything for the nails at all. Start with a nice weekly manicure. Your nails will grow strong and healthy. Acrylic tends to damage nail beds.

I recommend them if your going to a professional salon that wont hack at your nail with a drill causing it to damage the nail bed
smiles.gif

c00ki312

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
I recommend them if your going to a professional salon that wont hack at your nail with a drill causing it to damage the nail bed
smiles.gif

i recently had my acrylics done and the lady filed my beds with a normal nail file as she said the drill shaves off too much. its a lot of upkeep though so think before you get them done.

apart from that, i normally paint them a red or fuschia pink to stand out. i never really care if they dont match. or you can always start with a beigy-shimmer if you're not so confident.