Name that Lippie !!!!

User38

I am a visual person and sometimes written descriptions are totally lost on me. I am hoping all of you take a cool selfie of your lippies ON your lips, state your skin colour, and the undertone of lips, i.e. pale, pink, red, mauve, brown.. etc. Also, please state the finish of your product and the BRAND as well as any lipliner used which will can alter the shade. The object is to teach all of us to recognize colours, undertones and also to identify the lipsticks visually.

I hope we can all make better selections with perm products or any lippies by trying to identify the colour and finish of a lipstick, as well as becoming more familiar with the shade -- from whatever company it's from. So let me start with my lippie today;

MAC Chili / Matte/ Y-R undertone on mauvy pink lips.. no liner. Skin: MAC NC15-20 for ref.

NaomiH

What a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to go home and do a few lip swatches.

MandyVanHook

I am a visual person and sometimes written descriptions are totally lost on me. I am hoping all of you take a cool selfie of your lippies ON your lips, state your skin colour, and the undertone of lips, i.e. pale, pink, red, mauve, brown.. etc. Also, please state the finish of your product and the BRAND as well as any lipliner used which will can alter the shade. The object is to teach all of us to recognize colours, undertones and also to identify the lipsticks visually.

I hope we can all make better selections with perm products or any lippies by trying to identify the colour and finish of a lipstick, as well as becoming more familiar with the shade -- from whatever company it's from. So let me start with my lippie today;

MAC Chili / Matte/ Y-R undertone on mauvy pink lips.. no liner. Skin: MAC NC15-20 for ref.
I feel so proud... I guessed Chili before I read it! Woohoo!

User38

Bobbi Brown, Neon Pink Matte finish. Clean bright hot pink.. Hookerish category.. lol. NC15-20 skin for ref.. pink mauve lip pigmentation, no liner.

User38

I never realized how gorgeous Hot Tahiti is.. and it's a perm.. eek!.. thanks Mandy.. very pretty on you!

I am using a pic of Chanel's Insolente now.. it's so similar to Silly it's almost a dupe..almost.

Skin: NC15-20, Chanel Insolente/ Rouge Allure, finish is not matte. I have hot pink MAC pigment on top to matte it out more. Liner: Mac Magenta liner.

MandyVanHook

I never realized how gorgeous Hot Tahiti is.. and it's a perm.. eek!.. thanks Mandy.. very pretty on you! I am using a pic of Chanel's Insolente now.. it's so similar to Silly it's almost a dupe..almost. Skin:  NC15-20, Chanel Insolente/ Rouge Allure, finish is not matte.  I have hot pink MAC pigment on top to matte it out more.  Liner:  Mac Magenta liner.
I don't own a single Chanel lipstick. Very pretty! Hot Tahiti is a gorgeous color. Lasting power isn't the best because it is a glaze, but the color is worth having to reapply. Sometimes I use half red pencil with it to extend the wear time.

User38

I don't own a single Chanel lipstick. Very pretty! Hot Tahiti is a gorgeous color. Lasting power isn't the best because it is a glaze, but the color is worth having to reapply. Sometimes I use half red pencil with it to extend the wear time.

lined and filled in? or just lined? I usually fill in for any glaze or lustre to make it last longer on me..Half Red is one of the best liners I have.
heart.gif

User38

Tom Ford Flamingo (description is hot pink but it's a coral pink on me)! Finish: Matte after application/ Satin on application.

On NC15-20 skin, pink mauve lips, lined and filled in with Lancome Ideal lipliner.. very nude and tones down the shade. I wanted an easy look today.

Dominique33

Tom Ford Flamingo (description is hot pink but it's a coral pink on me)! Finish: Matte after application/ Satin on application.

On NC15-20 skin, pink mauve lips, lined and filled in with Lancome Ideal lipliner.. very nude and tones down the shade. I wanted an easy look today.

Pretty HerGreyness !

Latest posts