Name that pigment!

Holly

So I got this pigment sample years ago, and it's a beautiful green. Stupid me, peeled off the label the second I got it, and I don't know what it is! I think it might be kelly green, but I'm really not sure because there isn't a pro shop anywhere near where I live.

So heres a swatch I made, of what little I had left. Hopefully one of you girls can help me identify it! It's one of my favourite colours ever!

green.jpg

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
kelly green is mattish. I dunno what that one could be... regular d/c green?

Eep, I really hope it isn't something D/Ced!
weeping.gif

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
You might want to try Golden Olive.

Its not golden olive, since theres no gold in it, and I find golden olive to be a much darker colour, but thanks for tryin ><

Holly

Here's another pic of it, I must find out! And don't mind the yellowish tinge, my camera gives that off for some reason o_O
green2.jpg

Oh and its a bit similar to my swimming, but its more of a truer green with a tiny bit of a silver undertone! Im not much help :[

ExquisiteImages

I think it's the regular dc'd green if it's a frosty finish.

Is it frosty or matte when you swatch it? From the first swatch it looks frosty and the second swatch looks matte.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuthetaphi
It looks a little like Chartreuse to me. I can't tell if it is matte or frosty, though.

It's frosty

Sonya Adams

With the lime-ish color, I'd say True Chartreuse (pro) - at first I thought Chartreuse, but the second photo was much darker and less bright. If it's matte, MAYBE Landscape green. Can you take a photo with your swatch and the container next to it perhaps?

MACGoddess

Totally Kelly Green to me. No way is it Chartreuse, that more on the line of Juxt e/s rather than Swimming e/s IMO.

Femme

It sort of looks like golder's green to me.

It's just like swimming but a bit lighter?
hth

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
Totally Kelly Green to me. No way is it Chartreuse, that more on the line of Juxt e/s rather than Swimming e/s IMO.

Yeah, I definitely don't think it's Chartreuse, because from the swatches I've seen of chartreuse, its very yellowy in a way. And my sample has no tints of that in it at all (though apparently my pics aren't very helpful
tong.gif
).

It's just so hard to tell, especially since I don't have a pro shop anywhere near me.

To me, of all the swatches I've seen (Thanks Glitziegal for the link btw) It must be either Kelly green, or Golders Green (I tried finding swatches of the d/ced green but no luck)

Thanks for the help guys <3

Shawna

It wouldn't be Golders green because that is a new pigment colour and you said you got the sample years ago. I think it looks closest to Kelly green to me, and hopefully it isn't the discontinued green. Maybe try searching the fotd forum for the discontinued one. Somebody may have used it in an fotd
smiles.gif

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1...ture0476rn.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6...ture0482hq.jpg
thats what it looks like on my hand with no flash in natural light.. but its a bit shinier in person.

here it is on my eye..
jan7closed6hc.gif

jan7open9mw.gif

It doesn't really look like golder's green to me.. but if you mix golder's green with maybe a goldish pigment/color it would turn out exactly like your color

Yeah I kinda changed my mind on thinking it was golders green, especially since it's *fairly* new

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
It wouldn't be Golders green because that is a new pigment colour and you said you got the sample years ago. I think it looks closest to Kelly green to me, and hopefully it isn't the discontinued green. Maybe try searching the fotd forum for the discontinued one. Somebody may have used it in an fotd
smiles.gif

Yeah I think I'm gonna assume it's Kelly Green, specially since you reminded me golders green is new. I think I'll just try to cp kelly green and hope for the best! im sure itll be gorgeous anyhow, I love greens
greengrin.gif

Latest posts