Names of colors

franken_stein

First - I'm so sorry if this is a repost, or in the wrong forum! I did a search before posting, but, couldn't really find anything similar...

Anyway, my question for you is: Have you ever been tempted to buy something JUST because of the name of it? Sharks one of my favorite animals so I was severely tempted to buy the Sharkskin shadestick, hahah! And I probably would have, too, if I hadn't been alerted to the existence of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils. I also wanted to buy the Beautiful Iris e/s from MAC, just because... my name is Iris. And I also totally fell in love with the name Albatross for the NARS highlighter, and that one I actually DID get.

kathyp

Probably more often than I should have. I try to limit my "bought it for the name" purchases to nail polish, which usually have great names to begin with.

Things I've bought after being drawn to the name:
Cobra (Chanel - nailpolish)
Puck, Golightly, Diamond Lil (Stila - eyeshadow)
Blue Valentine (Manic Panic - lipstick)

Many more I'm sure...

I normally don't buy Revlon lipstick, but I had a $2 coupon and picked up "Ginger Rose" yesterday because I thought the name was cool. (It sounds a bit stripper-ish.) I couldn't really see the shade because of the way they're packaged now, but thank god it turned out to be a nice, wearable pink nude.

Quote:
I also wanted to buy the Beautiful Iris e/s from MAC, just because... my name is Iris.

Stila used to make a lipstick called "Kate," close enough to my name. I wore it for a while, though it was probably a little less than flattering. (Too orange brown, but it was the 90s.)

TISH1124

No but I get pulled in just by the mention of PINK in the description...but names not so much