NARS albatross or MAC soft and gentle?

jrjrr

th_hello2.gif

Does anyone have both of these to compare? Are these dupes? Im looking for a highlighter for MAC NW15 skin but don't know which one i should go with
th_dunno.gif

All suggestions highly appreciated!

jrjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
I don`t know about Nars but I dislike mac soft & gentle, I wouldn`t buy this again if i could go back

really? Why do you hate it?

MzzRach

I don't have Soft & Gentle, but I can tell you that Albatross is my fave highlighter of all time. I am NW20. It just has the most gorgeous sheen without being glittery. I'm in love with it.

jrjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I don't have Soft & Gentle, but I can tell you that Albatross is my fave highlighter of all time. I am NW20. It just has the most gorgeous sheen without being glittery. I'm in love with it.

Thats good to hear, I think Ill be going with albatross. I thought it might be too warm for me but your coloring is close to mines
smiles.gif
I might just love it too!

HOTasFCUK

If you find Albatross pricey, i've been hearing there is an amazing dupe by E.L.F. Its in the studio blushes and its called Gotta Glow. I saw comparison pics on mua and wow! Lots of rave reviews too.

jrjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
If you find Albatross pricey, i've been hearing there is an amazing dupe by E.L.F. Its in the studio blushes and its called Gotta Glow. I saw comparison pics on mua and wow! Lots of rave reviews too.

Yeah, Ive heard about the gotta glow but then when I looked up some reviews some said this was chalky? I dont know, I might try it, elf does have some gems
smiles.gif
TY!

romi79_2008

I think soft & gentle it`s too glittery I like my highlighter finely milled, glowing but less noticeable , melt in my skin, some msf do that ( I love redhead lighter part, or so ceylon, these 2 are my fav). Although I found soft & gentle looks fine on darker skin tone, but not on me nc 20 , so a thumb down from me
Nars albatross is in my wishlist too so I`m reading this thread interested too

shy_makeup_girl

If you like chunky glitter from head to toe at the end of the day, get Soft & Gentle.

If you like looking like a normal person, get Albatross bahah XD

Mabelle

i LOVE albatros!!! Its so beautiful on most skin tones (im not sure if your very dark, as ive never seen anyone with it on that i know of). It works soooooo good on a apsty girl like myself (mufe 117) I use it all the time as an eye highlight too.
IMO its the perfect highlight. Pricey, but i would absolutely buy again

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i LOVE albatros!!! Its so beautiful on most skin tones (im not sure if your very dark, as ive never seen anyone with it on that i know of). It works soooooo good on a apsty girl like myself (mufe 117) I use it all the time as an eye highlight too.

yes.gif
Yes I too love Albatros and I have used it as a brow highlighter also. I use mine almost every day and I've had it over a year. So a bit pricey at the get go but I've not hit pan yet so I figure that's pretty good.

jrjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy_makeup_girl
If you like chunky glitter from head to toe at the end of the day, get Soft & Gentle.

If you like looking like a normal person, get Albatross bahah XD

th_LMAO.gif
I like the normal person look. Albatross is on its way to me
th_DANCE.gif

jrjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle

I think i might be a little lighter then you, (mac nw15) but yes I getting albatross!
th_DANCE.gif

versace

they are totaly different
albatros is bit goldish and very subtle
soft and gentle is cream color and bit more glittery and noticable
i personally prefer soft and gentle

banana1234

i have had both, albatross is worth the extra money, i gave soft and gentle away, it was too obviously shimmery, like glitter bomb, albatross is finely milled perfection