NARS BRUSHES authentic?

resin

hello

i'm wondering if these brushes are authentic nars? i knew you guys could help me out! thanks.

409607005_ee0a1ee6e0_o.jpg

409606974_a54bdfc9f9_o.jpg

409606934_332778af0e_o.jpg

409606894_91e7010767_o.jpg

caffn8me

If you bought them as a complete set on eBay, in all probability they are fake. Do you have a link to the seller's auctions?

resin

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
If you bought them as a complete set on eBay, in all probability they are fake. Do you have a link to the seller's auctions?

it's not from ebay, it's from a local sale ad. these are the photos she took so that's why i'm asking here!

caffn8me

Does this seller have lots of brushes and from other manufacturers? That's usually something that should make you suspicious. How about you go to a NARS counter and look at some brushes there. On the NARS website the brushes aren't identified by number at all yet most of the fake sets on eBay are. I see that some of the brushes in the photo have numbers on. Check to see if brushes in a NARS counter have numbers on them. I'm not certain whether they do or not.

caffn8me

The other thing to bear in mind is that the retail price of that lot would be in the region of $400. If the set is a lot cheaper than that it's either fake or stolen. There are also several brushes in the picture which do not have equivalents on the NARS website.

I'd say they were extremely likely to be fake but I'm much less experienced looking at NARS fake brushes than I am with M·A·C

caffn8me

Fakers are getting extremely good these days at making brushes. The M·A·C brushes are very similar to the genuine articles now. What's needed is a direct comparison with high quality photographs. The ninth brush along from the left in the top picture with the small head appears to have no equivalent on the NARS or Sephora sites. It's not an eye liner brush.

caffn8me

OK - take a look at brushes from this seller in Shanghai, China. You'll see M·A·C brush sets which are definitely fake. They are also selling a virtually identical set of NARS brushes to the one featured in this thread.

QTAllStarGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Does this seller have lots of brushes and from other manufacturers? That's usually something that should make you suspicious. How about you go to a NARS counter and look at some brushes there. On the NARS website the brushes aren't identified by number at all yet most of the fake sets on eBay are. I see that some of the brushes in the photo have numbers on. Check to see if brushes in a NARS counter have numbers on them. I'm not certain whether they do or not.

NARS brushes do have numbers on them but they are on the back side of the brush but they just dont have the numbers on the NARS site for some reason but they do have them hth!!

Latest posts