NARS Cream Eye Shadow vs MAC Paint Pots

just_jill325

hello..can anyone compare between these two items and which one would be a better buy? I'm debating between getting a black cream shadow and not sure if NARS zardoz is better than MAC blackground . I'm not really concerned about the price, i care more about the consistency, application and quality (creasing).

I was also debating between getting NARS MAdagascar vs. MAC Bare study for a neutral shimmery look.

any thoughts would be helpful!

Macnarsandlove

nars cream shadows are meant to be used with another base like concealer. zardoz is a very good black with no shimmer and it works great with udpp.
but beware they will crease on there own and using ur finger and layering the color works best.

Skin*Deep

I agree that paint pots will crease less...and I use UDPP with both....heck I use it with everything! I work under hot lights, need all the help I can get! the Nars stuff is still nice though, creamy and feels good to put on, but in my experience the MAC will outlast it.

just_jill325

thanks Skin*Deep and smith130, I will definitely go with the MAC paint pots now! I wanted to use the black cream shadow to put under my eyeshadows for more of a smokey effect..and also to bring out some of my other shadow's pigmentation. I do normally use my paintpot with the UDPP or MAC Prep+Prime Eye. but thankyou for your inputs! I really appreciated it!

kcicala

I haven't tried the paint pot, but I did have Nars Corfu and I loved the color but it creased badly on me, even with UDPP. It's a shame though, because I really wanted it to work.

Kuuipo

I use a loose powderr on my lids, NARS creme shadow next, and then powder shadow. My NARS creme shadows have never creased on me and remain on till I wash them off, eveen through 18 hours of miserable Hawaiian heat and humidity. I have tried UDPP, but it dulls down the colour of my shadows,and NARS really holds the pigments.

vanilla_addict

paint pots are wow by all means.. i have nars cream shadows but they crease so much and i cant compaire them to paint pots at all.. for me paint pots are the best bases for shadows ever! and their quality is amazing as well as colors.. and can be worn as bases or shadows..
while if i wear nars cream shadows i get creasing though i wear them on a base.. rather stick with nars powder shadows instead..
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

NARS' cream shadow creased on me also. I've used them on top of TFSI and UDPP. The NARS artist who came to my job basically said that they're great bases, but since they're cream, they can and will crease.

Kuuipo

I'm probabley applying the cream wrong because I have used them everyday under my shadows for six years and my shadow has never ever creased, or maybe my eyelids are defective.
drools.gif
Everyone is different. Thank goodness or it would be a dull world.

MiCHiE

Well, consider yourself lucky because while the color is gorgeous, I can't do a damn thing with it.

Latest posts