Nars eyeshadow color payoff...

cetati

Hmmm I do all that.. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base but I've read somewhere that silicone bases don't like NARS shadows.. what else should I be using?! I love my TFSI
ssad.gif

meela188

I hate that their glitter shadows look matte when applied. I recently purchased the #3 brush, i am waiting for it to be delivered, hopefully it will make a difference.

Andrew

I too find that they look lovely in the Pan, Mekong especially looks rich and like a dark bitter chocolate with glitter but it works out Matt and flat and the fallout is dreadful..I wouldn't normally do eyes first then foundation but with NARS Shadows I always do the foundation last..it saves me working with a tissue unde the eye..I would dearly love to know how you are supposed to apply them to (a) get the actual colour in the pan, and (b) not lose the glitter and sparkle..I put it down to my inexperience but surely this is not an uncommon problem..I mean how many women are expertly applying their make up and getting what they see in the pan..I do wonder????

DarkGlamourXO

I wear the dark Night shadows as liner(NightFlight is my fav). I apply them wet with MAC's 266. The glitter shows up much more when their wet. I'm in love with them as a liner! They go on so smooth and stay put. I haven't tried any lighter shades yet. I really want to get Tropic but always hear such mixed reviews.

kimmae17

The nars eyeshadow primer is amazing and definelty makes the eyeshadows show up better. Think udpp but better! Some eyeshadows are just sheerer than others. For example khalahari and aae. But that is what I like about them! I agree the singles are generally more pigmented. I use many singles as line, like thunderball, china blue, and all the night series.

Nastka

I have the following duos, and sorted them according to how pigmented they are in my opinion:

Very good: Habanera (this is actually excellent), Jolie Poupee, Balthazar, Underworld, Arctic, Rated R

Good: Kalahari, Portobello, Scorching Sun, Caravaggio, Bohemian Gold

Average: Bellissima, Calypso,

Goes on sheer: New Delight

All shadows last on me all day, and I don't use a primer, just a light dusting of powder on my eyelids before application. But then, I don't have oily eyelids.