Nars FALL 2009 - Lolita collection

igswonderworld

I was feeling nosy so I googled Nars Fall 2009 collection and came across this lovely website saying that Nars is to have a new Matte foundation formula coming this fall...

and with it a lovely eyeshadow duo named "Silk Road" (I'm already lovin'
love.gif
the name, god knows how pretty the colors are gonna be..)

Here's the link and there are some pics at the bottom of the article. Now I'm sure I'm soooo not the first person to find out about this so what do you ladies know about the new collection, and what do you think?

NARS Backstage At 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2009 NYFW: 3 Photos | Fashion, beauty, Fashion Week | StyleITOnline.com

DSCN1180.jpg

(credit: Sephora's Beauty And The Blog)

oh and P.S.: I haven't even got my hands on the Spring 2009 collection so I may be a little too eager but oh well
yes.gif
yes.gif

gabi03

Re: Nars FALL 2009 scoop???

Sigh, i haven't gotten my hands on spring or summer collections and now this?! none the less i can't wait to see it

miss_bailey

The dark grey/blue duo looks a little like underworld. That one is I assume from reading that "Brumes" The Goldy duo is nice too and im for SURE getting that foundation (please have a pump like firming does)

mandycd

Wait... I am confused!!! Is that tester packaging or are they changing it???
smiles.gif

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandycd
Wait... I am confused!!! Is that tester packaging or are they changing it???
smiles.gif

I think it's just tester packaging.. Changing the signature packaging wouldn't make sense, or at least that's what I'm thinking...
smiles.gif

allThingsGirl

wow. this is a beautiful e/s collection.

i'm going to have to rethink what i want now for fall..

Temptasia

I think their best collections always come out in the Fall.

Woot Woot!

Gonna be adding at least 3 more e/s duos to the collection.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
NARS Cosmetics Lolita Collection for Fall 2009

http://www.makeupalley.com/m_96287240

Does anyone know if their lipsticks still smell/taste funky? I read that they changed the l/s formula a few months ago?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I find a lot of lipgloss/lipstick taste smells to be strongly aversive, I don't know why. I hate the taste of lancome juicy tubes (can't get it off my lips fast enough), yet I'm good with their lipsticks. Estee lauder lipsticks have a sickly smell to them which I find really aversive. Rimmel has a nasty taste to both its glosses and lipstick. Clinique glosses I really like but I have to throw them out after about 3 months because they develop a nasty taste.

So far the one NARS gloss I have tastes fine, but since I don't try on lip products in the store, I'd hate to buy a lipstick at that price and find out I hate them.

mandycd

Nordstrom has these available on their website for purchase....hmmm... Looks like I'm going shopping tomorrow.
smiles.gif

sabrilina

Stopped by Nordstrom and picked up some items. Indian Summer has a matte mustard yellow and a lighter shimmery yellow color. The lipstick was too dark so I passed.

Brumes Duo:
Nars+Eyeshadow+Duo+Brumes.jpg

Silk Road Duo:
Nars+Eyeshadow+Duo+Silk+Road.jpg

Silk Road v All About Eve v Alhambra:
AAE+Alhambra+SilkRoad.jpg

Mekong Single Eyeshadow (same formula as night series):
Nars+Eyeshadow+Single+Mekong.jpg

Tokaido Express Nail Polish:
Nars+Tokaido+Express.jpg

sabrilina

Re: Nars FALL 2009 - Lolita collection - one more picture

Mekong Single e/s versus Cordura Duo:

Nars+Eyeshadow+Single+Mekong+v+Duo+Cordura.jpg

Stopped by Nordstrom and picked up some items. Indian Summer has a matte mustard yellow and a lighter shimmery yellow color. The lipstick was too dark so I passed.

Brumes Duo:
Nars+Eyeshadow+Duo+Brumes.jpg

Silk Road Duo:
Nars+Eyeshadow+Duo+Silk+Road.jpg

Silk Road v All About Eve v Alhambra:
AAE+Alhambra+SilkRoad.jpg

Mekong Single Eyeshadow (same formula as night series):
Nars+Eyeshadow+Single+Mekong.jpg

Tokaido Express Nail Polish:
Nars+Tokaido+Express.jpg

mandycd

Re: Nars FALL 2009 - Lolita collection - one more picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrilina
Mekong Single e/s versus Cordura Duo:

Nars+Eyeshadow+Single+Mekong+v+Duo+Cordura.jpg

Also, from The Beauty Look Book.

I just swatched Mekong and the darker side of Cordura to compare... Mekong is much darker. It's more of a brown-black, if that makes sense. It is sooo pigmented too.
smiles.gif

Also, today I wore Silk Road. It's gorgeous... the darker side reminds me of a pinky version of Night Rider (similar texture/consistency). Lots of sparkle, so be careful with fallout (but they tap right off).

mandycd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
So does anyone know when Eurydice Duo e/s and Brousse Duo e/s will be available and where?

I love the colors:
NARS Cosmetics Lolita Collection for Fall 2009

I was told in August, but didn't get an exact date... also new foundation, new mascara, new liquid eye liner (this is what the manager at the nars counter at nordstrom told me). Lots to look forward to.
smiles.gif