NARS Fall 2012

MarieMary

I debated where to put this piece of information, between here and the Skincare Review section, but since it's not a review, I decided to leave it here. If it's better suited anywhere else in the forum, please tell me, I'll delete this and repost somewhere else. :)

Anyway, NARS skincare line is set to debut at Saks in August, and worldwide in September.

The line includes:

Optimal Brightening Concentrate, $72 for 1 oz.
Gentle Cream Cleanser, $29 for 4.25 oz.
Purifying Foam Cleanser, $29 for 4.9 oz.
Double Refining Exfoliator, $34 for 2.8 oz.
Multi-Action Hydrating Toner, $32 for 6.7 oz.
Total Replenishing Eye Cream, $55 for 0.52 oz.
Luminous Moisture Cream, $62 for 1.7 oz.
Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer, $58 for 1.8 oz.
Aqua Gel Luminous Mask, $39 for 2.6 oz.

Source: http://www.glamazondiaries.com/2012/07/nars-introduces-new-skincare-line-narsskin/

Aquamarine1543

Here's fall gifting collection in Aug:
(Click the photo to see large)
I found them when I googled and it mentioned it will come out in Aug. I'm not sure whether it's right.

Two eyeshadow palettes (Names are New Wave & American dream) and one travel-sized brush set will come out in Aug.
About palettes, they selected from current eyeshadows. They're not new ones.
I can see Daphne, Mangrove and so on.
Mini brush sets usually suck (e.g Bobbi Brown and MAC), so I'm wondering whether Nars' is good/bad.

Monsy

Aquamarine we already have threads for both eyeshadow palettes and the brush set

And i think we should talk about skincare in the skincare thread. it will just be lost in this one...

Ingenue

I passed on Outlaw for now. I'm not so sure about a raspberry shimmer. I'd love it a lot more if it were matte. But the trio is fabulous, and so is the duo. The lippies...
yahoo.gif
Fabulous! Autumn Leaves is HANDS DOWN my favorite.

aradhana

Thanks ladies for the swatches! It's very helpful for those  like me who don't have easy access to NARS to check out the collection in person. :) If anyone's interested, thebeautylookbook has great comparative swatches of Luxor, Undress Me, and Copacabana Multiples. Source: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/07/nars-multiple-comparisons-luxor-undress.html
thanks for the swatches of the multiples! undress me reminds me of a similar kind of product i had ages ago from l'oreal. i don't remember when i bought it, but i know i had it in 1999 and 2000...i wore it every day (my makeup collection was much smaller then!), and eventually tossed it cuz i got super bored of it...until a few onth ago i was wishing i still had something like it.... so i guess i will probably at some point check out undress me, though if it's joining the perm line i will hold off for a bit. i like the looks of several of the products after seeing everybody's swatches, but i think if i get anything in the short term, it'll be high society!

Miss QQ

Now I'm lemming Luxor! I got my first multiple, Orgasm, and I used it on my eyes and cheeks. It creased on my eyes with a base. I like it on my cheeks. I topped it with Chanel In Love JC because it looks close to Orgasm and I don't ownthe blush.

Audrey C

If anyone is interested I posted more swatches on my blog.
Thanks for this! Outlaw is gorgeous but I don't love gold in my blushes. I have Plum Foolery and I'll try to content myself with that.

I did buy Autumn Leaves - what a beautiful, unique colour. I love orange lippies but this is the first I've had that doesn't feel a bit bold for the office.

Aquamarine1543

I finally got Outlaw, but it's quite different than I expected after I got it.
I haven't tried yet, but it looks like Taos or gold shimmer version of Dolce vita (I already have both) in the pan, so that's why I don't feel it's a unique color.

sherm

I have gone through hell trying to get my hands on Outlaw in person (after I swatched it at Sephora and THEN noticed the display was empty). I finally gave up trying to get one from a store and have an online order pending, but if it gets canceled or arrives damaged I am going to be so sad!

Haven

I tried the mutiple, and it was too much of a glitterbomb. I don't mind a little glitter, but this product had big chunks of glitter in it. Definate pass for me.

Carriee

I was going to get Vent Glace but ended up ordering Modern Love instead :eek: Still going to get Vent Glace though, just later on. I'm so glad it's perm.

shontay07108

Autumn Leaves lipstick is the only thing that caught my eye. I snatched it up quick. It only took one swatch in Sephora to know it was meant to be. So beautiful, appropriate for Fall and still I'd wear it right now. On par with all other nars lipsticks. It's pigmented, comfortable to wear and flattering to many skin tones. Love it.

Ingenue

Autumn Leaves lipstick is the only thing that caught my eye. I snatched it up quick. It only took one swatch in Sephora to know it was meant to be. So beautiful, appropriate for Fall and still I'd wear it right now. On par with all other nars lipsticks. It's pigmented, comfortable to wear and flattering to many skin tones. Love it.
Isn't it GORGEOUS? Definitely the standout of the collection.

paopao

Do you know if the new eyeliner stylos are different to the old ones? New applicator or something, or they are just new shades?
Thanks!

Dominique33

Yes I agree Autumn Leaves is pretty. I purchased the trio, the duo and the lipstick yesterday, I am very glad it's a gorgeous Fall look. Autumn leaves really looks like autumn leaves when they are orange/red. Normally I prefer red or pink shades but I'll be wearing the Nars lipstick maybe with Amour blush.