Nars Grenadines

Anachronism86

I just bought Nars Grenadines yesterday and it's a really gorgeous red color that I have not seen before in other lines. I love it, but I have a question for fellow Nars addicts.
Do you own Grenadines? If so, I would love to hear what eyeshadows you pair with this color.
TIA! <3

Anachronism86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
i really wanna see this color because i've been contemplating on buying it

I would take a photo for you but as of right now my only camera is the one built into my macbook.
But! I totally saw a swatch on Krasevayadancer's blog when I was googling for fotds with Grenadines in them for inspiration.
I think her swatch is a very good representation of the color.
It's a warm, matte red.

Anachronism86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Grenadines looks amazing with Cyprus!

I've never seen Cyprus before. I will have to look it up and see if I have any dupes or if I'll need to run out and buy it.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Kuuipo

Cyprus is beautiful, I wear it with Blondie and Bengali and with their gold or Savage or coppery creme shadow underneath. I have grenadine, I wear it with gold shadows like goldfinger or Nightgold, I do like Emanuelle better as a red!!!

Anachronism86

I just looked at Nars Cyprus and It is very pretty.
It seems like a good neutral color which would be nice to have.
I always seem to neglect neutrals and gravitate towards brighter colors, but I think I should pick a few up neutrals because they seem like good shades to pair with the wilder colors in my collection to tone them down.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronism86
I just bought Nars Grenadines yesterday and it's a really gorgeous red color that I have not seen before in other lines. I love it, but I have a question for fellow Nars addicts.
Do you own Grenadines? If so, I would love to hear what eyeshadows you pair with this color.
TIA! <3

sneaky.gif
I have Grenadines.. and I have combined it with grey, cream, and turqouise.. It is also great on its own with intense black liner, outer and inner lids
smiles.gif

miss_bailey

I recently attended a NARS event with NARS artist Bret Boreman and he said Grenadines is best when you mix it with other colours. He said it looks really good with browns, I think it would work well with Lola Lola since that is a red based brown.

DigitalRain

I have Grenadines still havents used it yet tho. I purchased Galapagos also to wear with it. Its a lovely red color.

allThingsGirl

I have Emmanuelle and would pair it with Lola Lola. That works well. I used to have MAC Delineate fluidliner and it looked AWESOME with that eye shadow combo. I bet it would look good with Grenadines too.

RayannaBanana

I want NARS Grenadines! I don't know where to get it though. I don't have NARS Cosmetics near me.
ssad.gif

Does anyone have one for sale? I can't find it anywhere.

anamarta

I just had a makeover this weekend and the NARS MA used Ondine all over the lid and then Grenadine in the outer corner, very well blended and brought very lightly under the eye. Then 2 layers of mascara. I tell you I was just sold to that eyeshadow, I never thought I'd use red :) For reference I'm NARS Santa Fe, green eyes, chocolate/plum hair.