NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

MaitaiFluff

That's ridiculous. I've seen many, many accounts online of the product numbers being reversed. I would definitely post on their Facebook page to get them to fix the problem. I also don't think that customers should be required to ship back the product when it's Sephora's mistake. MAC sent me a full size foundation last year that wasn't anywhere on my packing slip and they told me to keep it. 
The customer should not be required to ship anything back if it was the fault of the company, which in this case it obviously was since it's been happening to so many other people. If they really wanted their package back they could send a call tag out for it and have FedEx or UPS pick it back up from the customer.

Haven

I purchased both the loose & compact version of this and love both. The compact does almost look like plastic at first before you dip into it.

I would also raise hell about being sent the wrong product. This has happened to me a couple of times with MAC and once with NM. Each time I have been told to keep the products that were sent, and the right products were then sent to me. Heck for NM it was almost a $200 mistake on their part. I could understand them questioning a new customer, but someone who is a loyal VIB heck no!

elkaknits

I think I am going to call them again. They told me it was in stock at my local Sephora's and I braved the mall on a Saturday to find out they were lying. They didn't even have any in back waiting for a release date. Only a tester of the loose no pressed in yet at all. I was totally surprised they told me to ship back the pressed since they cannot resell it anyway. I mean how would they know I hadn't stuck my fingers in it or you know sneezed on it or something
icon_eek.gif

editing to add ~ I kinda feel weird cus it sounds like I expect a free product when a mistake is made. I think it is the braved the mall part that really peeved me. Plus hearing lots of peeps saying that they sent out correct product gratis. I admit I am not a VIP and rarely order from their online site. I do shop in person and never even thought of creating an account til my sister pointed out she qualified in one visit and I buy Waaaaaaaaay more makeup than she does

elegant-one

I purchased both the loose & compact version of this and love both.  The compact does almost look like plastic at first before you dip into it. I would also raise hell about being sent the wrong product.  This has happened to me a couple of times with MAC and once with NM.  Each time I have been told to keep the products that were sent, and the right products were then sent to me.  Heck for NM it was almost a $200 mistake on their part.  I could understand them questioning a new customer, but someone who is a loyal VIB heck no!
Oh Haven, I am SO happy to hear that you love them! LoL

Haven

I think I am going to call them again. They told me it was in stock at my local Sephora's and I braved the mall on a Saturday to find out they were lying. They didn't even have any in back waiting for a release date. Only a tester of the loose no pressed in yet at all. I was totally surprised they told me to ship back the pressed since they cannot resell it anyway. I mean how would they know I hadn't stuck my fingers in it or you know sneezed on it or something
icon_eek.gif

editing to add ~ I kinda feel weird cus it sounds like I expect a free product when a mistake is made. I think it is the braved the mall part that really peeved me. Plus hearing lots of peeps saying that they sent out correct product gratis. I admit I am not a VIP and rarely order from their online site. I do shop in person and never even thought of creating an account til my sister pointed out she qualified in one visit and I buy Waaaaaaaaay more makeup than she does
This is very poor customer service and sounds like complete BS! They should know what products their stores have in stock. They should also send you the right product without you having to send back what you orginally received.

Knope2012

The customer should not be required to ship anything back if it was the fault of the company, which in this case it obviously was since it's been happening to so many other people. If they really wanted their package back they could send a call tag out for it and have FedEx or UPS pick it back up from the customer.
Exactly. Shipping an item back sounds like a small thing, but it can be a lot of hassle. It's just good customer service to go the extra mile for customers, especially loyal ones.

luvlydee

I purchased both the loose & compact version of this and love both. The compact does almost look like plastic at first before you dip into it.

I would also raise hell about being sent the wrong product. This has happened to me a couple of times with MAC and once with NM. Each time I have been told to keep the products that were sent, and the right products were then sent to me. Heck for NM it was almost a $200 mistake on their part. I could understand them questioning a new customer, but someone who is a loyal VIB heck no!
Which one do u like better. The pressed or loose?

katelyn0

I've been thinking about this damn powder all weekend... lol.. wasn't able to make it to sephora so I'm going to go by after class tomorrow. It better be there!!!
getyou.gif

linainoz

LoL gotta try it
Elegant-one

My wallet hates you
girlhaha.gif
I just ordered both the pressed and loose powders from Beauty Bay - works out about the same as the US prices, with free shipping to Australia. Can't wait to try them - they probably won't arrive for a few weeks.

elegant-one

Elegant-one
My wallet hates you
girlhaha.gif
I just ordered both the pressed and loose powders from Beauty Bay - works out about the same as the US prices, with free shipping to Australia. Can't wait to try them - they probably won't arrive for a few weeks.
Well, hopefully you'll LOVE me after you try the powders - I hope
lol.gif
friends.gif

Free Shipping was a great deal for you! Let us know what you think of the powders!

elkaknits

Ah so I called Sephora again and they are shipping me the loose and in the email it does say they are not charging me for replacement items HOWEVER the lady on phone asked me to use the return shipping label to return the pressed. I even said I knew a ton of gals who had their item shipped to them and were not required to return the original and she just blew past that and said we are shipping it to you free. Like I have ever paid to have something shipped from Sephora ~ that would just be stupid considering I have 3 storefronts in easy driving distance

shontay07108

I played with powder in Sephora this morning, but I had to pass. It really does have shimmer in it, eh? I don't think that'll be any good for my skin. Plus, it didn't blend all the way into my hand and my hand is lighter than my face. Perhaps it would work better on my face somehow, but I don't care to buy it and find out. I can see how it would be great on lighter skin, though and probably something other than dry skin (which I have).

luvlydee

I played with powder in Sephora this morning, but I had to pass. It really does have shimmer in it, eh? I don't think that'll be any good for my skin. Plus, it didn't blend all the way into my hand and my hand is lighter than my face. Perhaps it would work better on my face somehow, but I don't care to buy it and find out. I can see how it would be great on lighter skin, though and probably something other than dry skin (which I have).
Thats weird. It blended into my skin fairly easy. And u really cant see the shimmer honestly unless ur standing super duper close to the mirror lol which i do to make sure i actually put on powder since it disappears on my skin

elegant-one

Ahh, that is too bad Shontay. I don't see shimmer in mine, but I'll check again. Hey, there will always be something else right ;)

elegant-one

So, I just tried out the pressed powder. It seems exactly the same to me. It has the same effect as the loose. I used my finger to test it over the MAC makeup I had on & then I used the sponge applicator that comes with it where I had clean bare skin. The sponge is very nice to push/pat the powder onto the skin & you probably will use less powder this way than the loose. It does look like a plastic display in the container - weird.

I guess its just a matter of whether you prefer loose or pressed in a compact. It is really nice I think to have the pressed in the compact to throw into your purse for touch ups or traveling.

HTHI

I am still in LOVE with it & never want to be without it ;)

hwdsprincess

So, I just tried out the pressed powder. It seems exactly the same to me. It has the same effect as the loose. I used my finger to test it over the MAC makeup I had on & then I used the sponge applicator that comes with it where I had clean bare skin. The sponge is very nice to push/pat the powder onto the skin & you probably will use less powder this way than the loose. It does look like a plastic display in the container - weird. I guess its just a matter of whether you prefer loose or pressed in a compact. It is really nice I think to have the pressed in the compact to throw into your purse for touch ups or traveling. HTHI I am still in LOVE with it & never want to be without it ;)
Lol do u secretly work for NARS??! Well I kept mine in the Nordstrom cart so I can wait for Archie's to pop up I was only getting Betty bright but I missed it so I just went ahead and ordered it which I can't wait to get

Latest posts