NARS Lipsticks

LatinaRose

Opinions?? Are they worth the price? I'm thinking of trying Belle du Jour after hearing its a really good nude. Any other good colors?

Thanks!

Beauty Mark

I think they're great lipsticks. Some of the mattes are a bit drying, but that's the nature of matte lipsticks.

I wear regularly:
Pigalle
Morocco (it looked really pretty with my tan)
Christina

Kuuipo

Belle De Jour , Blonde Venus and Honolulu Honey are great nudes. Viridiana is the hot crimson of this season, and Pigalle is a pink chocolate matte that is the most gorgeous colour ever. The great thing about NARS lipsticks is they are well pigmented and they are sturdy. All my MACs fall right out of their bullet at Hawaii's room temp 90 plus degrees) but NARS don't melt, even in the miserable weather or if I have it in my uniform pocket. They also have the best selection of reds, ever.

chocolategoddes

I tried some on my hand at a Sephora and depending on what you get, they can be quite pigmented. I love their mattes. "Fire Down Below" (???) is next on my list of lipsticks.

And for their cost, they better be good!

lavish_habits

I had a Nars lipstick, and I found it to be very drying. For that price, I expected better. They have some nice colors though.

LP_x

Ooh I'm glad you've posted this. I've just been having a look and absolutely LOVE Pigalle and I want to buy Mitzi for my Mum as it's the name of her dog
lol.gif
So I'm after some feedback also.

Kuuipo

If you like Corinthe (I do too) try out Hindu. It's a really fabulous colour that gets overlooked!

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
If you like Corinthe (I do too) try out Hindu. It's a really fabulous colour that gets overlooked!

Checking it out on the site right now
tong.gif

LatinaRose

Anyone try Schiap? It looks really sexy. I'm now looking at some of their reds, planning out a large order for Sephora's F&F sale.

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
What F&F sale at Sephora?

Its a code for 20% off around the middle or end of November. Lots of talk abou it on MUA.

user79

I only have one from Nars, Scarlet Empress. I got it about a year ago, before all the grape and deep burgundy wine blood red lipsticks came out this year and Nars was the only line I found that had a decent blood wine lipstick.

Paired with a lipliner from MAC, this lipstick has some amazing lasting power! So extremely pigmented and doesn't bleed at all. The downside is that it's so very drying.
ssad.gif
The trade off is worth it thought because dark lipstick by cheaper brands has a tendency to bleed.

SaturdayStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
Anyone try Schiap? It looks really sexy. I'm now looking at some of their reds, planning out a large order for Sephora's F&F sale.

Its a really hot pink. Very bright, like a sister or a cousin to MAC's Girl About Town

Kuuipo

If you like blood red -the test tube colour-like Chanel's Vamp-Fire Down Below is the one for you. It also has an amazing stain when the lipstick is gone, your lips are still tinted.

chocolategoddes

I bought Fire Down Below (wearing right now) and it's an awesome, dark, bold red .
It kind of smells like crayons, though. And it's very dry. But it stays, even without lipliner, and it looks great. Its worth the money.

Kuuipo

NARS has a Sephora only red-Flame. Its a great red that leaves a great stain, very this season, semi matte.

Latest posts