NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

luvlydee

These are back up on the sephora website. Only 15 colors though. Hopefully they dont have only 15 shades at the actual store because i want to try tahoe vs syracus and tahoe isnt online on sephora. Only on narscosmetics... But then again maybe nordstrom will have it because they have all of nars products like the nars boutique at my nordstrom

shontay07108

These are back up on the sephora website. Only 15 colors though. Hopefully they dont have only 15 shades at the actual store because i want to try tahoe vs syracus and tahoe isnt online on sephora. Only on narscosmetics... But then again maybe nordstrom will have it because they have all of nars products like the nars boutique at my nordstrom
When I was at Sephora yesterday, someone was nearly done stocking them on the display. I distinctly remember there were three in each row. What I can't exactly remember are how many rows were there. I'm thinking 4, but it could've been 5.

luvlydee

When I was at Sephora yesterday, someone was nearly done stocking them on the display. I distinctly remember there were three in each row. What I can't exactly remember are how many rows were there. I'm thinking 4, but it could've been 5.
Damnn. That sucks. Means tahoe aint on there. Ill have to check out syracuse then. If that wont work ill hope that the nordstrom store will have it. If not ill have to order tahoe from nars website. Which sucks cuz i hate returning things through the mail. Im thinking if syracuse is too light i can darken it up with powder but idk if i want to do all that work How do you apply your d&g cream foundation? I refuse to use the sponge the nars cream comes with. I have the beauty blender but im hating that too only cuz the washing situation

shontay07108

Damnn. That sucks. Means tahoe aint on there. Ill have to check out syracuse then. If that wont work ill hope that the nordstrom store will have it. If not ill have to order tahoe from nars website. Which sucks cuz i hate returning things through the mail. Im thinking if syracuse is too light i can darken it up with powder but idk if i want to do all that work How do you apply your d&g cream foundation? I refuse to use the sponge the nars cream comes with. I have the beauty blender but im hating that too only cuz the washing situation
The Real Techniques buffing brush will always be my answer. :lol: I use it for all foundation. I'm thinking even a traditional foundation brush can be good for this foundation. The thing about the D&G foundation is that it's whipped and not in a pan form (does that make sense? You know what I mean right?). If you can get to the Sephora in Times Square, I'm pretty sure they'll have all the shades. They have everything up in there. I wish it was closer so I could just move my mattress up in there and live.

lenamonster

0.42oz. For reference, powder foundations are 0.40oz.

Thank you for the swatches again, lenamonster, they are very helpful. And it's always great to meet a fellow mega-fan of NARS here. :) Your pup is too cute.
aww thank you so much! he's such a little pig dog and loves everyone he meets.

I really like this new foundation but since my skin is dry I think it's best for me to apply on top of newly applied moisturizer. I think my skin is extra dry right now, the last couple of days that I've worn it it's gotten a little cakey on my cheeks after a couple of hours. It looks pretty from a foot away but very close up you can see the dryness.

luvlydee

If you can get to the Sephora in Times Square, I'm pretty sure they'll have all the shades. They have everything up in there. I wish it was closer so I could just move my mattress up in there and live.
lmao oh man you can buy products as your rent lmao

i hate that buffing brush and i sold it. idk it just felt like it made my liquid foundation just sit on my face and not really blend in too well. and i just hate the feeling of that brush on my skin idk why. just like sephoras mineral powder brush which is essentially the same shape and feel i just gave that away. something about it bugged me anytime it touched my face lol

im thinking ill just use the regular paddle foundation brush. ive been meaning to buy it so i can also apply my mac face and body foundation because i'm getting tired of my 130 brush also for applying foundation. hmm... maybe the 130 brush might be good for this cream foundation... but no... i want a reason to buy a paddle shaped foundation brush
angelic.gif

luvlydee

aww thank you so much! he's such a little pig dog and loves everyone he meets.

I really like this new foundation but since my skin is dry I think it's best for me to apply on top of newly applied moisturizer. I think my skin is extra dry right now, the last couple of days that I've worn it it's gotten a little cakey on my cheeks after a couple of hours. It looks pretty from a foot away but very close up you can see the dryness.
hmm interesting i have an oily nose and forehead, regular on my cheeks and chin, but like right above my cheeks like where it begins its super dry. every skin person i speak to says the same thing.. dehydrated. loll so it tends to feel super rough but ill make sure to have moisturizer on those spots right before applying the cream.

gosh i cant wait to try the cream out. i like hearing that its light weight because thats the only reason im interested in it. the sheer glow and matte seemed too thick for my liking. like i felt it on my face. and i hate that feeling

GoldenGirl

I left work... and I went into Sephora since it's on my way to Grand Central... and... I bought it!

I was in the store for like 20 minutes trying to decide. To buy or not to buy, that is the question... whether tis nobler to keep my money in my bank account, or splurge even though I've been on a buying spree all month.

Ok so we already know the answer to that. I literally came home, washed my makeup off, moisturized my face and applied the new foundation with the beauty blender.

Application will take a little trial and error for me because I'm so used to liquid foundations. Even though the beauty blender is supposed to sheer out the foundation, I still used to much for my taste. In other words, if you're looking for something that could be full coverage, or pretty damn close, this is your makeup. I'm more a light/medium coverage kinda gal, and while I'm sure I can achieve that with this foundation, I used too much my first time out of the gate.

That being said, my face has absolutely no highs and lows AT ALL, (it needs some serious contouring and highlighting, but I'm not doing all of that at 8:45pm!) I have this one spot of hyperpigmentation on my cheek, you can barely see it, so that's good! But I FEEL this foundation on my face which is NOT good. I am sure it's because I was heavy handed with it because the sheer matte doesn't feel like this when I apply it.

But here is the sad part. It's too light! I use Macao in the matte/glow so that's what I picked up, but it's too light and too yellow. I just took some pictures with and without flash... I've got mask face. No bueno. :( I'm not sure if it's because I used too much or what. But even if i DID decide to make this full coverage, like for a night out, the last thing I want is mask face because if ever there was a time pictures would be taken it would be on a night out. Oy!

So back it goes. And because this Sephora didn't have New Guinea I can't exchange, I can only return and maybe buy online? Or go to Bloomies or something.

So that's my report. I would say consider going down a shade, BUT Nars foundations don't always work that way. Like in the Sheer Glow the next shade down is New Orleans which is way too red for me, but the next one after that New Guinea is more peach than red or yellow but it also works for me.

Ok gals (and guys if there are any). Good luck! I want full reports when you get yours!

GoldenGirl

If you can get to the Sephora in Times Square, I'm pretty sure they'll have all the shades. They have everything up in there. I wish it was closer so I could just move my mattress up in there and live.
I was at the big Sephora in times square today and they did not have the display! I was about to call a manager like "um.. how y'all gon NOT have this???" LOLOL! The Sephora on 5th Ave and 42nd did have it tho, that's where I bought it.

GoldenGirl

So I returned it and it made me ultra paranoid about using the sheer glow in Macao so I asked for a sample of New Guinea. I can't be walking around with face mask!

I'll get the new foundation eventually. Just want to make sure I'm using the correct shade.

luvlydee

i went to check these out today and i bought syracus. it is really light weight, im still not sure about the color. i want to try to put a dark powder over it just to see if i give it a bit more warmth. They dont carry the shade tahoe at sephora so i ended up ordering it from the nars website just to check it out and compare which one will be better for me. I'm def going to keep one or either because i do like the way it feels. ill take pics of syracuse later. I dont have time right now since im leaving in like 5 minutes lol

luvlydee

So I returned it and it made me ultra paranoid about using the sheer glow in Macao so I asked for a sample of New Guinea. I can't be walking around with face mask!

I'll get the new foundation eventually. Just want to make sure I'm using the correct shade.
yea i hate when you can really tell you're wearing the wrong makeup. like girl you got a ghost face! lol

GoldenGirl

Okay! I'm not trying to walk around all crazy. And of course no one's gonna tell you you have ghost face. I've worn Macao quite a few times over the past few weeks and no one's said anything. I've even gotten compliments. But I'm still nervous. I'll try New Guinea tomorrow.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Came back from NARS a little while ago; bought New Guinea-- seems to be a great match!

The NARS boutique on Bleecker St has all the shades and released them for sale today.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was surprised to see that Sephora had these out already, but I swatched a few of them. One thing that surprised me- although I can see it in the Cafe Makeup photos as well- is that Mont Blanc seems significantly darker than it does in other formulas. It's not the perfect match for me that it normally is. Gobi was actually a better match in this compact. (I have a wee bit of Summer colour, but I think that Siberia will be good for me most of the year, I'm just a shade deeper and a little more golden than usual.)

luvlydee

The NARS SA said this cream formula runs darker than the other formulas, but not necessarily the case with Macao. Hmm.
I find that odd since syracuse looks on me like suracuse sheer glow. Im returning syracuse today. Not in love with the color becauss of its undertone i realized. Not because its too light. Hopefully tahoe wont be too dark

luvlydee

I ordered tahoe yesterday with free shipping from the nars website lol if i would have known nordies online had it i would have gotten it from there because i ordered a chanel blush from there yesterday also

NYCBeautyJunkie

Finally wearing the foundation today and thus far, I really REALLY like it. Great coverage, but feels light and leaves a satin/demi-matte finish. New Guinea is a beautiful match.

Latest posts