NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

calicandee

I purchased the Nars Radiant Cream Compact Foundation Refill foundation in Punjab. Some online reviewers do not like having to purchase a compact separately; however, you do not have to repurchase the compact just the foundation refill. I like the packaging and don't mind. As for the foundation I really like the finish and it wears surprisingly well in the summer heat (Im combination to oily). I wear the foundation as light coverage but it is definitely build able.The color Punjab is perfect for my medium skin with yellow undertones.

admmgz

For the lovely ladies that already have this, do you think it would work well for combination to dry skin?

calicandee

I think it would be great for combination to dry skin. I am looking forward to using this myself in the winter when my skin is more on the dry side. It claims to enhance moisture levels and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. So I believe it is supposed to be hydrating; however, it has worked quite well with my combination oily skin in the summer heat.

Yazmin

Bought this from my local NARS boutique last week. I was pretty much sold once the SA put it on me - I love the finish it gives. Hit up MAC after and they complimented me on how great my skin looked. I bought Macao for the center of my face where I'm lighter and New Guinea for my temples/mouth/chin area where I run a little darker.

luvlydee

Here are some swatches of Tahoe from my blog. I love the way the foundation makes my skin look but I am not too sure about the color. when I put it all over my face I look a bit orangey.I have a feeling I might just end up buying Syracus and mixing it because at this point I will never be satisfied with any foundation color (except face and body) so I might just need to take it upon myself to start mixing colors which suck.

bis

Thanks for all the swatches and reviews, I am very tempted now. Love how it looks on you Luvlydee. Does anyone happen to have the ingredients for this? Could not find anything online. I should be back in NYC later this year, so I hope I can try it out then. My best match with NARS Sheer Glow was Gobi, but on CafeMakeup I liked the look of Deauville as it seems to be really neutral.

shontay07108

Here are some swatches of Tahoe from my blog.  I love the way the foundation makes my skin look but I am not too sure about the color.  when I put it all over my face I look a bit orangey.I have a feeling I might just end up buying Syracus and mixing it because at this point I will never be satisfied with any foundation color (except face and body) so I might just need to take it upon myself to start mixing colors which suck.
It looks good to my eyes and I got four of them, but you do know best. :lol: Ingenue's blog has a review of this compact and she's the color Tahoe. That means I'm Tahoe and my mind is blown. I figured I was Macao, which is too dark or I just didn't have a match. I was already planning to stop by Sephora tomorrow, so I think I'll check this out. It seems so, so light, but maybe it'll adjust when it's on my face. Maybe I think I'm darker than I actually am, IDEK. :dunno:

Ingenue

Shontay you might actually think that you're darker than you are. We match in all other foundations: MUFE (173), Chanel Les Beiges (30)... I'll bet you're Tahoe. It looks darker in the pan (they all do), but blends out a beautiful yellow-based caramel color. I'm Tahoe in Sheer Glow, and I was told that these shades run parallel... so you should try it!

If you're really worried about it being too light around the edges, run a little bronzing powder (with no shimmer) around the edges and in the contours of your face (under cheekbones, and under jawline). That'll bring all the shades of your skin together.

shontay07108

Shontay you  might actually think that you're darker than you are. We match in all other foundations: MUFE (173), Chanel Les Beiges (30)... I'll bet you're Tahoe. It looks darker in the pan (they all do), but blends out a beautiful yellow-based caramel color. I'm Tahoe in Sheer Glow, and I was told that these shades run parallel... so you should try it! If you're really worried about it being too light around the edges, run a little bronzing powder (with no shimmer) around the edges and in the contours of your face (under cheekbones, and under jawline). That'll bring all the shades of your skin together.  
Thanks for the tip. I'm glad I already have a bronzer just in case I need it. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

luvlydee

It looks good to my eyes and I got four of them, but you do know best. :lol: Ingenue's blog has a review of this compact and she's the color Tahoe. That means I'm Tahoe and my mind is blown. I figured I was Macao, which is too dark or I just didn't have a match. I was already planning to stop by Sephora tomorrow, so I think I'll check this out. It seems so, so light, but maybe it'll adjust when it's on my face. Maybe I think I'm darker than I actually am, IDEK. :dunno:
Yea i want to check out syracuse again when i go back to the mall lol i thought it was light initially but now im thinking it might start to adjust to my skintone. And ill take pics like i did with tahoe and then ill check it out lol

shontay07108

Yea i want to check out syracuse again when i go back to the mall lol i thought it was light initially but now im thinking it might start to adjust to my skintone. And ill take pics like i did with tahoe and then ill check it out lol
What brush are you using to apply this? Sephora recommends a sponge, but I'm not down with that. I'm thinking my regular brush (real techniques buffing brush) will be OK, but I don't know.

luvlydee

What brush are you using to apply this? Sephora recommends a sponge, but I'm not down with that. I'm thinking my regular brush (real techniques buffing brush) will be OK, but I don't know.
I used my mac 130 brush. I think i read somewhere in someones blog that they used the real techniques brush to apply it and it was good. That white sponge it came with is just sitting pretty in that compact lol

luvlydee

Oh no no i bought syracuse again today and applied it all over my face and nuh-uh waaay too light. I know i could fix it with a darker powder but with a cream foundation i dont want a ton of other stuff on my face. So i will go back tomorrow morning to return lol thank goodness i need to go there to renew passport at the post office thats in the mall so it wont be a wasteless trip

Ingenue

NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation: Tahoe

Sheer application using fingers. Set with Koh Gen Do Face Powder.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108
Maybe I think I'm darker than I actually am, IDEK.
th_dunno.gif

You do. I had no idea why you were talking about Macao. I follow the beautiful Ingenue's shade lead as well. She and I chatted and she helped me realize that I also always thought I was darker than I am.

Stunning as usual, Ingenue.

shontay07108

Frustration because my local Sephora doesn't carry Tahoe. Also, the Saks in the same mall won't have it until September 10 or something (I zoned out when she said September). Then, I went all the way over to Neiman Marcus and was told they stopped carrying Nars about a week ago. What the hell man? A wasted trip. I'll have to order it online, but now it's going to wait because I choose to be pissy about this.

Latest posts