NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

luvlydee

Frustration because my local Sephora doesn't carry Tahoe. Also, the Saks in the same mall won't have it until September 10 or something (I zoned out when she said September). Then, I went all the way over to Neiman Marcus and was told they stopped carrying Nars about a week ago. What the hell man? A wasted trip. I'll have to order it online, but now it's going to wait because I choose to be pissy about this.
Yea i just ordered it online. I think imma just use it sheerly so it wont look too orangey on me. Or i just wont apply it in the center of my face. I have to play around with tahoe buy i think it would word for you. Cadiz is too red. But funny thing i read Cassie (the singer/model) used cadiz at one point and im like huh? Im darker than that chick lol Eta: here is the pic of cassie wearing sheer matte in cadiz set with nars mountain loose powder
4c28b5a3_image.jpeg

Ingenue

You do. I had no idea why you were talking about Macao. I follow the beautiful Ingenue's shade lead as well. She and I chatted and she helped me realize that I also always thought I was darker than I am.

Stunning as usual, Ingenue.
Thanks!
heart.gif
Shontay always has me
lol.gif
with those dark shades too. When she said Macao I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol Way too dark. Look at how 'golden' Tahoe is on me. Uzo is the one that set me straight. I was running around talking about I was 'Cadiz' and she had to put BOTH on me so I could see the difference.

Ingenue

Frustration because my local Sephora doesn't carry Tahoe. Also, the Saks in the same mall won't have it until September 10 or something (I zoned out when she said September). Then, I went all the way over to Neiman Marcus and was told they stopped carrying Nars about a week ago. What the hell man? A wasted trip. I'll have to order it online, but now it's going to wait because I choose to be pissy about this.
lol.gif

I'm
censored.gif
for you. (((Shontay))) That's ridiculous. And HOW does Sephora not have it? Unacceptable.

shontay07108

:lol: I'm :censored: for you. (((Shontay))) That's ridiculous. And HOW does Sephora not have it? Unacceptable.
They only carry 12 shades and that's ridiculous. They have Cadiz, Macao and one darker color. The others are pretty light. At least when I was in Saks I swatched Sheer Glow in Tahoe and it looked really good on my hand. I actually thought about buying it, but I had to focus. I want this cream foundation first.

Ingenue

I'm glad you can at least see the Tahoe is a proper match for you. I'm mad they don't have it. SEPTEMBER? So rude.
censored.gif

MissTT

My beautyblender just sits on the counter. It just seems to take too much time to use. I'm usually in a hurry and don't have time for the extra steps. Plus the results don't seem any better than my usual buffing brush.

kimbunney

I feel the same way. I need to find the receipt so I can take it back actually.
My beautyblender just sits on the counter. It just seems to take too much time to use. I'm usually in a hurry and don't have time for the extra steps. Plus the results don't seem any better than my usual buffing brush.

luvlydee

Luvlydee I with you... HOW is she Cadiz? That color is too red and I'm darker than her too! Maybe they used it as contour or something... because I'm just not seeing how that's possible.
Apparently for contour they used rapa nui multiple bronzer. Im really confused Ingenue. Like seriously lol. Cadiz was all kinds of wrong on me. I just wish syracuse had more yellow tones to it because tahoe can look dark if i put too much. I tried mixing syracuse and tahoe and i just felt i had too much product on my face.

luvlydee

My issue with the beauty blender is the deep cleaning after every use. I like deep cleaning my brushes like once a month and just spray cleaner on it and wipe on a napkin in between uses. With the blender i literally have to deep clean it (and it takes a while for the foundation to wash out) before using it again. So after i use it it stays dirty and unused for weeks before i wash it so i can use it

shontay07108

I deep clean my brushes after every single use except for my brow brush. I must wash that thing like twice a month. I was surprised to find I'm in the minority on that cleaning habit and it's not like I'm a super clean freak. My issue with the beauty blender is just the look of it and the way it's used. I prefer a traditional brush, the handle. I don't have time to drag or dab a sponge on my face. Might as well break off a piece of my bath sponge and save the money.

shontay07108

Temptalia added the foundation to it's foundation matrix. It's telling me my match is Syracuse. I had to laugh at that. It's a shade above Tahoe and it looks too light.

Ingenue

I deep clean my brushes after every single use except for my brow brush. I must wash that thing like twice a month. I was surprised to find I'm in the minority on that cleaning habit and it's not like I'm a super clean freak. My issue with the beauty blender is just the look of it and the way it's used. I prefer a traditional brush, the handle. I don't have time to drag or dab a sponge on my face. Might as well break off a piece of my bath sponge and save the money.
What do you classify as deep cleaning Shontay? Are you talking about washing/conditioning and laying flat to dry?

If I did that every single time I'd never be able to use my brushes. They'd always be wet.
lol.gif
I deep clean my kit brushes after any professional job (and they just sit clean until the next gig) , and I deep clean my personal brushes (my everyday babies) about twice a month. Otherwise, they get hit with Parian Spirit spray... scrubbed out on cloth-like paper towel, and put away. They live in mesh bags, so air naturally passes through them for drying time.

Makeup doesn't actually get deep enough into bristles during initial use for deep cleaning every single time. Most powders are on the 'surface' of the bristles. Even cream products are typically on the 'tips' of the brushes, and can easily be cleaned away with brush spray. Now if you're talking foundation brushes, Parian Spirit takes care of that too (they have this fantastic little pot that gets all the muck out). You'd have to use (and embed) a ton of product to warrant deep cleaning every single time.

Plus all that moisture on the ferrule on a regular basis compromises the brush construction.

luvlydee

Temptalia added the foundation to it's foundation matrix. It's telling me my match is Syracuse. I had to laugh at that. It's a shade above Tahoe and it looks too light.
Lol smh thats crazy. Syracuse is the shade lighter than tahoe and syracuse was the one too light for me when i applied it all over my face. How the hell did that match u to that. Nars should take pictures of models wearing each shade that matches them

luvlydee

Lmao omg i tried the matrix and it said if i'm a 173 in mufe u should try this cream foundation in Khartoum (which is the darkest shade there) or syracus which is too light for me. Get it together ppl! But i do like the concept of this whole finding ur match this way. Too bad it chooses the wrong color

Ingenue

Lol smh thats crazy. Syracuse is the shade lighter than tahoe and syracuse was the one too light for me when i applied it all over my face. How the hell did that match u to that. Nars should take pictures of models wearing each shade that matches them
Syracuse is too light for me too!
lol.gif
I would be walking around looking like a light-bulb face. LOL

shontay07108

What do you classify as deep cleaning Shontay? Are you talking about washing/conditioning and laying flat to dry? If I did that every single time I'd never be able to use my brushes. They'd always be wet.:lol: I deep clean my kit brushes after any professional job (and they just sit clean until the next gig) , and I deep clean my personal brushes (my everyday babies) about twice a month. Otherwise, they get hit with Parian Spirit spray... scrubbed out on cloth-like paper towel, and put away. They live in mesh bags, so air naturally passes through them for drying time. Makeup doesn't actually get deep enough into  bristles during initial use for deep cleaning every single time. Most powders are on the 'surface' of the bristles. Even cream products are typically on the 'tips' of the brushes, and can easily be cleaned away with brush spray. Now if you're talking foundation brushes, Parian Spirit takes care of that too (they have this fantastic little pot that gets all the muck out). You'd have to use (and embed) a ton of product to warrant deep cleaning every single time. Plus all that moisture on the ferrule on a regular basis compromises the brush construction.
I am talking washing and laying flat to dry. I have a lot of brushes, but I only use them on myself so it's not a hassle for me to wash them after every use. I don't even think it's possible for me not to do it. It's just a reflex like changing my underwear or putting on my shoes before I leave the house. I'm always careful when washing and I have all of the original brushes I ever bought from Mac years ago. I've never had one fall apart on me.

Latest posts