NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

MissTT

I was just about to ask you what color you ended up being in the Sephora Color IQ, but I decided to use the Google tool to figure it out.
girlhaha.gif
I see you were matched to 2Y10. With my tan I was just matched to 2Y11 last week. We are definitely skin twins so I will be stalking you even harder now. LOL. Btw there are many more foundations in the Color IQ system now so you should be able to get more suggestions than you did initially. Two natural looking liquid foundations I tried in the last week are Marc Jacobs Genius Gel in Cocoa Light and Smashbox Liquid Halo in #8. I'm wearing the Smashbox today and I love it! I may hold off on purchasing it because I think I'll need color #7 in a month or so. Which of the 3 foundation formulas are you liking best in the NARS?

luvlydee

I was just about to ask you what color you ended up being in the Sephora Color IQ, but I decided to use the Google tool to figure it out. 
girlhaha.gif
 I see you were matched to 2Y10. With my tan I was just matched to 2Y11 last week. We are definitely skin twins so I will be stalking you even harder now. LOL. Btw there are many more foundations in the Color IQ system now so you should be able to get more suggestions than you did initially. Two natural looking liquid foundations I tried in the last week are Marc Jacobs Genius Gel in Cocoa Light and Smashbox Liquid Halo in #8. I'm wearing the Smashbox today and I love it! I may hold off on purchasing it because I think I'll need color #7 in a month or so. Which of the 3 foundation formulas are you liking best in the NARS?
Woop woop! Damn marc jacobs? I was trying to steer clear from that but i guess now i have to try lol. Out of the nars foundations (sheer matte, glow and cream) i think the cream is the best. I hated the sheer matte and the sheer glow felt uncomfortable on my face.

MissTT

I'll keep an eye out for the Tahoe compact then. I went to go look for it in store over the weekend and a customer stopped me. Then I just plum forgot about it. Unfortunately I haven't seen a ton of women our color in the store so we may not have it. Many times I go to a product in our color range and see I'm the first person to swatch it. Kind of happy and sad at the same time.

GoldenGirl

girlhaha.gif
I noticed that they didn't have some foundations in there, I wanted to try some stuff from Cover FX, but they weren't giving me a recommendation. I'll go check, maybe it's in now. I'm 1Y12 for all you NC50s out there.

MissTT

Sometimes, if I think someone will like a formula I show them things not on the Color IQ. A young lady fell in love w/ a foundation the other day when I did that for her. It didn't give me a recommendation for the CoverFX I wanted to try either, but I was able to pick one up anyway that looked good. It's an excellent reference tool though.
GoldenGirl you can't call yourself that anymore. You're almost neutral. LOL

brittbby

Sometimes, if I think someone will like a formula I show them things not on the Color IQ. A young lady fell in love w/ a foundation the other day when I did that for her. It didn't give me a recommendation for the CoverFX I wanted to try either, but I was able to pick one up anyway that looked good. It's an excellent reference tool though. GoldenGirl you can't call yourself that anymore. You're almost neutral. LOL
I like the idea of the Pantone color IQ, but I'm having some serious doubts lol! I got matched to 2Y08. MUFE 123 was a perfect match which is correct cuz it has a nice olive undertone... But then I looked at the catalog and it wanted to match me to an illamasqua foundation with pink undertones??? I tried it on and it was so off... I just didn't get it.

GoldenGirl

Sometimes, if I think someone will like a formula I show them things not on the Color IQ. A young lady fell in love w/ a foundation the other day when I did that for her. It didn't give me a recommendation for the CoverFX I wanted to try either, but I was able to pick one up anyway that looked good. It's an excellent reference tool though.
GoldenGirl you can't call yourself that anymore. You're almost neutral. LOL
Is that what the 1Y12 means, that I'm almost neutral??? Please school me a little about it, I'm so curious.. that is if you can. I'm not sure if the color IQ is a hush hush Sephora/Pantone secret thing.

When I get get color matched the MUS gave me some Cover Fx powders to try (not in the Color IQ), but they were all so.. off. I should have just called you MissTT!

luvlydee

Is that what the 1Y12 means, that I'm almost neutral???  Please school me a little about it, I'm so curious.. that is if you can.  I'm not sure if the color IQ is a hush hush Sephora/Pantone secret thing.   When I get get color matched the MUS gave me some Cover Fx powders to try (not in the Color IQ), but they were all so.. off.  I should have just called you MissTT!  
Yup 1 is like the least yellow u have in ur skintone lol. Im 2y and thats why yellow foundations are usually too yellow or too orange because although my skin is warm its not as warm as foundations put out. Im closer to neutral with warmth lol idk if that makes sense to you lol The second number is the depth of your skin tone (how light or dark you are) so im 10, your 12 which means ur darker than me

GoldenGirl

The second number is the depth of your skin tone (how light or dark you are) so im 10, your 12 which means ur darker than me
Yes that totally makes sense. Closer to neutral with warmth could probably describe me too. Most of the golden undertones in my face are in the middle. I could probably get away with a foundation that's more neutral, but I like wearing foundations that match the middle of my face because the middle of my face matches my neck, otherwise I look kinda masky.

Yazmin

Finding a correct match can be so frustrating at times. I just want one and done, but I'm darker at my temples and around my mouth and chin, so that's not possible for me unless I make up the difference with a darker powder.

MissTT

Finding a correct match can be so frustrating at times. I just want one and done, but I'm darker at my temples and around my mouth and chin, so that's not possible for me unless I make up the difference with a darker powder.
I refuse to buy/wear multiple shades at once. Somethings gotta give. One and done like you said. I don't want makeup to be stressing me. My forehead is darker and I don't even let anyone factor that into the equation. I just don't wear foundation there or apply it extremely lightly so it's not ashy. If I tried to match my big forehead I'd be wearing a dark mask, too.

GoldenGirl

I like to match to the center of my face too. Same issues. If I used a darker shade I'd remove all the brightness from my face. It's my natural highlight so I refuse to cover what other women are spending time/money creating.

I refuse to buy/wear multiple shades at once. Somethings gotta give. One and done like you said. I don't want makeup to be stressing me. My forehead is darker and I don't even let anyone factor that into the equation. I just don't wear foundation there or apply it extremely lightly so it's not ashy. If I tried to match my big forehead I'd be wearing a dark mask, too.
YES! OMG So much yes! That's why I had to return the Matchmaster foundation. It was a GOOD match, but I just looked so... dull if that's a word I could use. LIke no brightness to my face at all.

And yes, if I can't find my shade in a foundation, drugstore or high end, I'm returning it. I can't even imagine (for me) buying like two different NARS foundations to mix them. They're like 44 bucks a pop! Kudos to the women who have got it like that, but I know I do not. And as for drugstore, I feel like if they want my money as a woman of color, they should make a shade that I can use. I get that everyone is different, but if one shade is like NC45 and the next one down is like NW55, that's not gon get it.

MissTT

iagree.gif
so true. By the time you find a foundation you love you find out's it's $44 and there's no way you're buying two. (Although you may have two $44 foundations in different brands/formulas
amuse.gif
) I'm lucky that I don't typically have a lot to cover up so I can just ease up on my dark perimeters if necessary. Strangely, I also have hyperpigmentation in my cheek area where one would contour. My skin is funny.

GoldenGirl

iagree.gif
so true. By the time you find a foundation you love you find out's it's $44 and there's no way you're buying two. (Although you may have two $44 foundations in different brands/formulas
amuse.gif
) I'm lucky that I don't typically have a lot to cover up so I can just ease up on my dark perimeters if necessary. Strangely, I also have hyperpigmentation in my cheek area where one would contour. My skin is funny.
pretty.gif
Guilty!

But I kinda feel like that's ok because they're different foundations for different days or different occasions or something like that... like one offers more/less coverage or one is your "special occasion" foundation or something like that.

sss215

Did anyone see the highlighting and contouring tutorial at Temptalia. It was really well done. Christine's going to have me buying 3 of these shades. Lol

leahrenae

girlhaha.gif
I tried the smashbox liquid halo in #8 and hated it. the color and finish were great, but that stuff transfers like crazy. it didn't seem to even dry. I don't have oily skin but it just didn't seem to stay on my skin.
I wanted to try the marc jacobs foundation, but none of the shades matched. I can't remember the names, but one was way to light, then the other a tad too dark. sucks.
I have yet to try the NARS cream foundation, although I'm going to soon, very soon. even tho I don't need it. I'm gonna stick with tahoe as well.

MissTT

Hmm. I just assume all foundations transfer. (I know they really don't, but having dark foundation I'm never shocked when I see it.) I haven't paid attention to whether Smashbox did or didn't. I'm not wearing white collared shirts or anything so who knows. What are you using that stays put? Inquiring minds want to know...

leahrenae

Hmm. I just assume all foundations transfer. (I know they really don't, but having dark foundation I'm never shocked when I see it.) I haven't paid attention to whether Smashbox did or didn't. I'm not wearing white collared shirts or anything so who knows. What are you using that stays put? Inquiring minds want to know...
most of the foundations I use stay, for instance, if I touch my face, my fingers aren't covered in foundation. after a while, of course it may transfer. but this foundation was like no other foundation. it just did not seem to dry and at the slightest touch would smear and it would just come off.
my drugstore foundations (revlon colorstay (normal/dry formula), revlon photoready, maybelline fit me) all perform better than the smashbox halo, for me
then the higher end foundations like, mufe hd, nars sheer glow, mac mineralize moisture (i have a ton of foundations) don't seem to transfer as badly.
i always use primer and set with a light powder and Im good for the day.
the smashbox halo just did not meet my standards. but again.. the finish and color were great.
i'll try to post pictures soon. I may create a separate thread for it

MissTT

Thanks for your feedback. I don't think I have any foundation that transfers when I touch my face. That's pretty wet. At least you have a dozen others you can work with.
girlhaha.gif

It's so nice being able to have foundation options. I recall 5-10 years ago I wouldn't be able to list off 6 or so brands that actually suited me color-wise.

Latest posts