Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Pump.

xphoxbex

Okay, I am in LOVE with this foundation, but I hate the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, so it's just so messy. I was browsing MAC today and I noticed that they sell the foundation pumps individually. I'm wondering if the foundation pump for mac would fit the NARS bottles. Anyone ever tried this?

Mabelle

you can always cut the tub or straw.... just depends on weather the neck of the bottle is similar.

COBI

Sephora uses pumps for the display, so there is one out there that fits.

I just checked: the MAC pump is larger than the opening on the NARS bottle.

Good luck.

Shadowy Lady

I love sheer glow foundation too, total HG for me! It doesn't bother me much that there's no pump as I always shake the bottle before use. But if u do find a pump that fits, let us know
smiles.gif

paopao

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
I heard that Nars will be making the Sheer Glow with pumps in the near future. Let's hope it's true.

I really hope so, too, my jar is all dirty
ssad.gif

tthelwell

So I have a pump for mine....YAY!
I actually BEGGED the sales girl at Lord and Taylor for one of the display pumps. They usually have extras or an empty display bottle and if u r nice enough they will give one to u. That's how I got mine.
greengrin.gif

Try ur luck ladies!

lady_photog

If you're like me and have a bunch of different foundations laying around....the stila illuminating foundation pump fits perfectly (after clipping tube a bit)
narsbottle.jpg

COBI

Here is what Nars wrote to me yesterday:
Thank you for your inquiry and interest in NARS Cosmetics.

We regret that foundation pumps are not available as separate retail. The
pumps used on the tester units located at the NARS Counters are for sampling
purposes.

You may ask your NARS Counter representative if they would be willing to
sell or gift a tester foundation pump. Please be advised that pumps will be
available for separate retail in the Spring (May or June) of 2010.

If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to contact us.

mizuki~

Thanks COBI!

Darn. For the price of the foundation, I was hoping they were going to include the pump.. not sell it separately
nope.gif
Wonder how much it'll cost =/

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Thanks COBI!

Darn. For the price of the foundation, I was hoping they were going to include the pump.. not sell it separately
nope.gif

ITA. I think it's incredibly tacky to sell a pump separately.

dmcgeo

I bought several airless bottle/pumps online for my Revlon Colorstay. It was only a couple bucks and was actually quite easy to transfer from one bottle to the next. It isn't nearly as pretty (just a plain white bottle) but it does the trick. Hope that helps. I'm wanting to try out Nars Sheer Glow soon!!!

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
ITA. I think it's incredibly tacky to sell a pump separately.

The thing about separate pricing on pumps is actually a sound business decision.

1. They already know that people are willing to $42 for the foundation

2. Someone can utilize the same pump when they buy a new bottle. To place a new pump in every box with the foundation is a waste as there is no reason to not reuse it bottle after replacement bottle.

3. If they were to add the pump to every bottle, then it is most likely that they would increase the overall price to absorb the additional cost of producing the store-ready product.

4. If they were to increase the price above $42, they would lose some of their current "loyal" customers, particularly who think $42 is pretty steep to begin with.

5. If they sell the pump separately (a la MAC, $6), then the people who really want a pump will buy, and those who don't care either way by a pump aren't faced with higher retail costs by including something they deem unnecessary.

A customer only needs to buy the pump once; what a waste (and cost which we would absorb someway anyhow) to include them with every bottle. My single MAC one has been used by me for years.

Although the concept of paying additional money for a pump is not thrilling for me, I do think it makes the most sense from a business and cost (which will impact our pricing) point-of-view.