NARS Sheer Glow: to buy or not to buy?

Kragey

Hey, everyone! Long time, no post. :)

I'm very pale: my neck is about N5 on the MAC scale, and my face is N15, so I like to try and get something that's at LEAST N10, if not lighter. I also have neutral-cool undertones, but they're cool yellow, not pink, which can make it even harder to find foundations I like. To top it off, my skin is combination-dry, so a lot of foundations make most of my face look like chalk OR they slide right off of my nose. I'm willing to wear primer there, but it does get annoying.

I recently purchased Bobbi Brown Skin foundation, and although I've only tested it once, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to like it. My favorite foundation for the past 3 years has been MAC Face & Body, but I have to buy two bottles to get a shade that works for me. :/ So I've been wanting to try NARS Sheer Glow...but I keep waffling. Is it worth it? I hear it's horrible on even slightly dry skin.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't have dry skin, but I do use this foundation, am quite pale (I don't have a concrete match in any MAC foundation), and Siberia is the closest match for me that I've tried to date. The only way you'll know if it works for you is if you try it out for yourself.

nicolaxo

Are you able to get a sample to test it out before purchasing? I love this foundation and I too am quite fair and wear Siberia and it sounds like it would be a good match for you too, sometimes it can catch on dry spots if I have any but it doesn't bother me too much as the finish is beautiful, it definitely would be best to try it out first though.

Kragey

Somebody actually sent me a bottle and I received it yesterday. XD Totally unexpected, ultra-kind gift. I'm going to try it out, and I really hope it works, because it looks like Bobbi Brown Skin isn't gonna work for me.

Any application recs?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I tend to apply it the way they tell you to do when you get the full size: rub a little bit in between your fingers, and apply.

shellygrrl

Staff member
That's why I've never purchased it. Even Terre Neuve (the lightest TM that NARS do) is too dark. Not to mention, in my case, too pink. This one shows SG Siberia alongside Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, and the TM in Terre Neuve. http://www.lbbsteph.com/2014/01/new-in-nars-pure-radiant-tinted.html

My skin is combination-dry and I think that, when I'm dehydrated, this foundation is indeed horrible. When my skin is more hydrated it is not as bad. If you find this a little dry I'd recommend going for a wet-sponge-Beauty-blender like application, the sponge being wet provides some moisture and as you don't have to actually tug but press the sponge against the skin the signs of dryness are not as highlighted.

maeonsaturday

For me this is kinda an overrated product I seldom reach for. Have so much of it left too. I wish they had smaller bottles as options.