NARS Spring 2009 *Including a RED EYESHADOW!*

jenntoz

I'm not so sure its a red shadow anymore, I just read on the site that shall not be named that it is raspberry. I wonder which description is the correct one. Red & Raspberry are totally different
th_dunno.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I'm not so sure its a red shadow anymore, I just read on the site that shall not be named that it is raspberry. I wonder which description is the correct one. Red & Raspberry are totally different
th_dunno.gif

Oh no!!! No way??!!

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Oh no!!! No way??!!

Her info is usually pretty accurate, so we'll see. Is it in the Specktra beauty blog yet from their info? Or have we only heard from the d-man's site that it is a brick red?

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Oops... I wonder why my link doesn't work? What is with the censorship?

Thats the site that can't be named. Its the Voldemort of the make-up world

Shoegal-fr

No??? I didn't know! If someone wouldn't mind to PM me to tell me the story, i'm curious!
Anyway, the supposedly red eyeshadow turns out not being so red!

leenybeeny

The link in the OP said "brick red" which to me would be a rusty or orangey red. I found a red yesterday from Napoleon Perdis that seemed pretty true, but they were sold out. I have to keep checking back.

sweeteternity

I just got my first NARS eyeshadow (I have 3 blushes and that's it from NARS) - I looked it up because I hadn't heard of it before and it turns out it's from the Spring 2009 collection - the Egea duo!

My brother's girlfriend's company was given a huge basket of free NARS products so all of the girls got stuff. She's not really into makeup like I am so she gave it to me
smiles.gif

My details on Egea:
On the site that can't be named it's described as cool gold/cool lavender. I already looove the cool gold side, it's going to be a great lid colour. It's pretty pigmented, but almost looks like a shimmery beigey-gold on my NW15/20 skin. The lavender side definitely isn't as pigmented - it's really light when swatched by itself, but looks good over a base.

Either way, it was not paid for so I can't complain!

candiebear

Thanks!! I just ordered baby girl and hula hula. I wanted the red, but it doesn't look like it's as red as emmanuelle.

Why does sephora already have the spring line, but narscosmetics.com doesn't?
thmbdn.gif

DominicanBarbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiebear
Why does sephora already have the spring line, but narscosmetics.com doesn't?
thmbdn.gif

I know! I hate sephora swatches. I think I might wait till it comes to the nars website since I have to order sight unseen.

candiebear

if you youtube it, you can see people's personal swatches which is a little easier to decide from. i'll try to post pics as soon as my orders comes (thursday)

Kuuipo

I think it has more of a winey tint than Emanuelle. I love Emanuelle, I wear it with gold shadows, like Gong Li did in The Curse of the Golden Flower. That is my go to movie for Tang Dynasty makeup. The recent gold in NARS singles is so stellar its replaced my Lauder Gold Nugget on my desert island list.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico
still no swatches?

I have hula hula swatches in the nars swatch thread
winks.gif

Latest posts