NARS Spring 2013

Rads

The NARS duo - Marie-Galante - I had to actually scrape some out to get a swatch, but a lot of bloggers seemed to manage pretty decent swatches and makeup looks with it. I would love to know what technique they use!

KiKi Kontour

i was thinkin that too but im thinkin its the application method as well. maybe karen heavily swatched and while on the lid GGG blended it out too much vs pattin it on or somethin...interesing!!

Aquamarine1543

I can't still see any items at the website. I could see them in the middle of last week or so, but now they're gone.
hmm.gif

Does anybody know what happended? Are they going to release tomorrow?

Miss QQ

Nothing I really want from the collection, until I saw the review of Bouthan. NARS make pink eyeshadow so wearable. I'm not sure if I can pull it off, though. Pink and blue eyeshadows seem very on trend this spring.

katred

Specktra Bestie

Rads

Ahh well, if it worked for you..that's great! I should never have bought it..those aren't colors I LOVE anyway..I just got carried away and added it in the basket :(

katred

Specktra Bestie
The Non-Blonde just posted a review of Seduction blush:

www.thenonblonde.com/2013/01/nars-seduction-blush-spring-2013.html

Interesting how much more pigmented her swatch is than every other one I've seen and she specifically states she used a brush. I find that this is indicative of many Nars products: They often don't swatch as well as they work. Outlaw looked anemic to me in swatches, but then I saw what it looked like in use and was amazed at the intensity of the colour.

This shade reminds me a little of Mac's "Breezy", a colour I love and don't wear enough. "Seduction" looks a little cooler and plummier.

Dominique33

Bouthan is very pretty ! On my list with the other duo + the lipstick ( + the loose reflecting powder )
As for Marie-Galante, it's better to use it wet I think. It usually works well so. I always use it dry but it remains very sheer ( subtle and beautiful though ).

MaitaiFluff

^^^^ Ooh, thanks for the link. Seduction looks really dark, but I think I like it. I'm glad it appears to be a different colour than Outlaw, almost plummier. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this tomorrow.

Aquamarine1543

Seduction looks really dark, but I think I like it. I'm glad it appears to be a different colour than Outlaw, almost plummier. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this tomorrow.

Seduction looks fascinating, but I'm not sure it also looks good on lighter skin, esp. NC10/NC15. :(

MarieMary

The lastest swatches you've posted of Seduction (thanks!) had me *convinced* that I want it. And I'm pale as well (NW10). I'm sure that with a very light hand a Yachiyo brush or similar, it would look fantastic!

Aquamarine1543

The lastest swatches you've posted of Seduction (thanks!) had me *convinced* that I want it. And I'm pale as well (NW10). I'm sure that with a very light hand a Yachiyo brush or similar, it would look fantastic!

I know.
But Based on my experience, most of Nars reddish blushes appear really similar on my cheeks because I can only use them with a light hand even if swatches show different colors. So that's why I can't decide whether I'll buy Seduction because I already have Nars reddish blushes. I have Taos, Dolce vita, Outlaw, Exhibit A and Liberte. (esp, Outlaw and Taos look exactly same on my cheeks, so that's why I have no idea why I have these two.lol)

MarieMary

Quote: Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543
I know. But Based on my experience, most of Nars reddish blushes appear really similar on my cheeks because I can only use them with a light hand even if swatches show different colors. So that's why I can't decide whether I'll buy Seduction because I already have Nars reddish blushes. I have Taos, Dolce vita, Outlaw, Exhibit A and Liberte. (esp, Outlaw and Taos look exactly same on my cheeks, so that's why I have no idea why I have these two.lol)

I understand. If you already have Dolce Vita, then it makes sense that you wouldn't want to get Seduction. ;) More money for the Satin Lip Pencils, woohoo! :p :p
I don't have anything similar from NARS, so I'm still debating. It's permanent, so I might get it later on when a collection doesn't appeal to me.

I chose to disregard Temptalia's notation on longevity (7 to 8 hour of wear is amazing imho), so it's an A+ product as far as I'm concerned.