Nars Starter Kit

justdance

Hi everyone! Well I am new to makeup and totally new to the brand which I am in LOVE with. So I was wondering If you experts on Nars could make a Nars Starter kit based on the first products that you would have gotten from the beginning. By the way, I already own Nars Concealer and Deep Throat and I am pretty much obssesed with them now.
yahoo.gif

Skin*Deep

tha Nars velvet matte lip pencils and lip lacquers are amazing! I love their monoi bronzing oil, the new eyeshadow called "tropic" is beautiful. those are some of my favorite things from the line.....but I really do like it all!

MAC_Whore

I don't know what skin tone you are, but these are my faves (as an NW20):

1. Albatross Highlighter
2. Orgasm blush (of course)
3. Eye liner in Kaliste
4. LG in: Moon Fleet, Bloodwork, Turkish Delight, and the LG Duo in Giza/Boogie Nights
5. Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls
6. Bronzer in Laguna or Irresistiblement
7. Multiple Stick in Copacabana, South Beach and Riviera
8. Eye shadow Duos in Rated R, Misfit, and Jolie Poupee (despite the fact that every time I look at the label, I mispronounce the name in my head as Jolly Poopie).
9. Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in Belle du Jour, Sex Machine, Cruella, Damned and Dragon Girl
10. Lipstick in Afghan Red, Funny Face, Schiap, Jungle Red, Red Lizard and I want to get my hands on Fast Ride.

OK, that should get you started (and skint). Oh, and definitely check out the new single shadow in Meekong. It is hotter than hot. Oh, and the Bronzer Multiple stick in Tuomota is great for contouring.

justdance

Wow thank you so much. This is perfect because I am NW20-25! I was actually eyeing the eyeliner in Kaliste it seems like such a beautiful color. Perfect to give the eyes an extra pop. I have heard though that Nars Eyeliners are not so good, so I am not sure if I should spend all that money on them. Oh and are the brushes good aswell? Specially the Artisan Brushes. I want to get my hands on those.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance
Wow thank you so much. This is perfect because I am NW20-25! I was actually eyeing the eyeliner in Kaliste it seems like such a beautiful color. Perfect to give the eyes an extra pop. I have heard though that Nars Eyeliners are not so good, so I am not sure if I should spend all that money on them. Oh and are the brushes good aswell? Specially the Artisan Brushes. I want to get my hands on those.

Oh man, I completely spaced in the brushes. My ultimate fave brush is a NARS brush. I use it every day. It is the #12 small crease brush. It is smaller and more flexible than the MAC #226 Small Blending brush. It's almost a mix of MAC's 226 brush and their 219 brush.

The NARS 12 brush is small enough to really lay down an area of concentrated colour, yet soft enough to blend out. That said, I still use another brush to blend out, but I just think the #12 is better than MACs 226 and 219 for laying down concentrated colour in the crease.

Yeah, MAC's kohls are better than NARS eye pencils IMO, but the NARS aren't too bad. My liner doesn't tend to run, so I am not the best to measure it by. You could always set it with shadow or translucent powder.

I have the artisan brushes and they are nice, but I don't use them much. They are almost too pretty to use. lol

pokiedot

Okay here is a good "neutral" starter kit, in case you're interested in that... I have reddish blonde hair and blue eyes and am NW15/20. These are my absolute staples that I can't live without:

Lipgloss: Risky Business, Sandpiper & Gothika
Lipstick: Mitzi, Beautiful Liar, Falbala
Lip Lacquer: Caraibe & Eros
Blush: Lovejoy, Orgasm, Angelika & Gilda (Plus Albatross. EVERYONE needs Albatross)
Eyeshadow Duos: Kalahari, All About Eve, Alhambra, Isolde & Portobello
Eyeshadow Singles: Ashes to Ashes, Fez, Nepal & Ondine
Creme e/s Singles: Granada, Corfu & El Dorado

I love the palettes too - Bridal is my favorite of the current palettes. I like Essential Eye better than Modern Love but both are really wearable.

pokiedot

I too forgot brushes!

I have a few of them but the Yachiyo and the Ita Kabuki are my favorites. The Yachiyo is SO made for NARS blushes. I'm really fair and can wear any NARS powder blush if I use the Yachiyo, even the really dark ones like Crazed & Exhibit A. The Ita Kabuki is really nice for using with Albatross... well worth the investment!

justdance

Sorry I'm a little late at replying, hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me
winks.gif
anyway I went to my Nars counter and did some major damage!! I bought the yachiyo brush( your right it's almost too cute to use) got the Jolie poupey duo, the Nars Sheer Glow foundation and the multiple in Tuomota. Albatross and Eurydice are next on my list. Though I wishNars wasn't so darn expensive!