NARS Summer 2012

Dominique33

It's a gorgeous collection. I just picked up 2 and I am happy I did ! I also took " Trouville ", I have only 11 Nars nail polishes but honestly speaking I am never disappointed, pigments and colours are great.

Shadowy Lady

^^ That's awesome I only got one Nars polish so far, Jungle Red, which I love. I can't wait to try more. My big Nars addiction is their lipsticks and their eyeshadow duos which I cannot seem to stop buying

Ingenue

I just got the set for my friend's birthday. I'm sad that the gift wrapping was sold out. So I just have to send them plain. I tried to get them boxed up pretty... but no dice.

katred

Specktra Bestie
^^ That's awesome I only got one Nars polish so far, Jungle Red, which I love. I can't wait to try more. My big Nars addiction is their lipsticks and their eyeshadow duos which I cannot seem to stop buying
Ditto on the eye shadow duos. I seriously grab almost every one that comes out. I'm still relatively new to Nars polishes, but I'm really, really impressed with what I've seen so far.

Dominique33

Lipsticks are great. I have around 20 so far, I would say the most pigmented ones are really gorgeous but the sheer ones are amazing too. If you have Jungle red nail polish ( I love the bright red colour ) the lipstick is great too. Many beauty addicts share my point of view about Nars. Shades and pigments never look vulgar, MUFE lipsticks are vulgar most of the time ( thinking in terms of pigments ), to me Nars is much more classy. Nail polishes are very classy too, from Schiap to Endless Night or Chinatown. The collection is not as wide as OPI, but pigments are far better and they last long.

Shadowy Lady

Lipsticks are great. I have around 20 so far, I would say the most pigmented ones are really gorgeous but the sheer ones are amazing too. If you have Jungle red nail polish ( I love the bright red colour ) the lipstick is great too. Many beauty addicts share my point of view about Nars. Shades and pigments never look vulgar, MUFE lipsticks are vulgar most of the time ( thinking in terms of pigments ), to me Nars is much more classy. Nail polishes are very classy too, from Schiap to Endless Night or Chinatown. The collection is not as wide as OPI, but pigments are far better and they last long.
Def agreed on every count :) I have Jungle Red in lipstick form too and adore it. Besides their matte and semi matte shades, I think Nars sheer lipsticks are some of the best sheer lipsticks in the market. They never dispappear on my lips though I have pretty pigmented red lips. I would def use the term sophisticated to describe the line. I like MUFE too but their shades are "louder" to me. I find that I reach mostly for Nars. I love love love Schiap lipstick. I think I need to grab the polish version too :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Definitely agree on the amazing-ness of the sheer lipsticks. I'm shocked that even light shades like Mayflower and Pago Pago last very well and seem to pull a look together perfectly. Plus I swear that PP illuminates my whole face. One of the things that I like about Vendanges is that it's semi-opaque, so it can blend with a lot of different skin tones.

Dominique33

The nail polish is great, Schiap lipstick is bold, very bright. I prefer using Funny Face because it's fushia and easier to wear. Sheer lipsticks are pretty but semi-matte or satin ones too, the only thing is that semi-matte dry out the lips, but they last very very long ( amazing ). Nail polishes are not very popular here, most women really prefer OPI or Dior, Chanel. I don't know why for the Nars polishes are very good. Shiap was the first one I bought, I now have 11 and I love them. If you want a bright nail polish, I would advise you both Schiap and Anardana ( more like a pink/fushia, beautiful ! ) or the YSL pink or fushia nail polishes , they're also great !

aradhana

I love everything I've tried so far from NARS, though I have mainly focused my purchases on the blushes so far. I have a few eyeshadow duos, but although I like the colours and finishes, sometimes I feel a bit puzzled by the combinations...for example Eurydice, which produces a crazy-smokey eye on me...I like their polishes, but I guess I haven't been purchasing many polishes in the past year. I'm hoping to remedy this situation with the Thakoon polishes though!

Miss QQ

]Interesting to know NARS lipsticks are good, even the sheer ones. I've not tried their lipsticks yet, and have been thinking of getting one. It's summer and Heat Wave looks like a pretty, orange red. Do you ladies like/have Heat Wave? Or maybe I will go with a sheer one that that I wear everyday.

Dominique33

Heat Wave looks pretty but it's a semi-matte lipstick. Manhunt is sheer but not so orange, it's much more a red lipstick. Mayflower is easy to wear but not orange at all. I have around 20 ( semi-matte, satin, sheer ) but no orange/red lipstick except Joyous Red which is LE I think. Heat Wave is much brighter, very nice for summer but definitely semi-matte.

katred

Specktra Bestie
]Interesting to know NARS lipsticks are good, even the sheer ones. I've not tried their lipsticks yet, and have been thinking of getting one. It's summer and Heat Wave looks like a pretty, orange red. Do you ladies like/have Heat Wave? Or maybe I will go with a sheer one that that I wear everyday.
Heat Wave is really nice and I find that Nars semi-matte formula is easy on the lips- not nearly as drying as a lot of regular mattes. (But really, it's a true matte formula with a very slight sheen, at least in my experience.)

If you want something in the coral-red range that's a little more sheer, Manhunt is really nice as well.

Shadowy Lady

I have liked every lipstick of them I've bought and that includes sheer, semi matte, matte, pure matte and matte velvet pencil. Heat Weave is awesome for summer and it works on everyone pretty much. I would wear mine everyday if that didn't mean including my other lipsticks. If you want a sheer shade, Pago Pago is gorgeous! I also adore Niagara which is a semi matte.

aradhana

Eurydice is actually my fave Nars duo I own. I think I have close to 20 of them and Eurydice, Cordura and Dogon are my most beloved,
do you guys have any suggestions for eurydice? i like the duo very much, but i've only really found one way to wear it, which was super smoky and intense, so i don't wear it very often. i think i put the purpley shade on most of the lid, and smoked it out with the charcoal.

i also have cordura, but that one i find very easy to wear, because although the result is kinda smokey too, it's much more low-key smoke rather than va-va voom smoke...

do you guys find you usually wear the two colours of a duo together, or do you sometimes only use one in combination with other shadows?

Shadowy Lady

do you guys have any suggestions for eurydice? i like the duo very much, but i've only really found one way to wear it, which was super smoky and intense, so i don't wear it very often. i think i put the purpley shade on most of the lid, and smoked it out with the charcoal.

i also have cordura, but that one i find very easy to wear, because although the result is kinda smokey too, it's much more low-key smoke rather than va-va voom smoke...

do you guys find you usually wear the two colours of a duo together, or do you sometimes only use one in combination with other shadows?
I do wear mine quite frequently as smokey eyes but I'm not really colour or smokey eye shy ;) I also love those kinda shades on my eye colour (amber/hazel). I either do raspberry shade on lid and charcoal shade in crease or the reverse. But I also love using the charcoal shade with MAC grays like Sweet Sienna and Print on lid and use the raspberry shade on lower lashline. It's more unique and really makes my eyes pop.

I do use the duo with other colours in my collection too though, especially the charcoal side which works great with pretty much all shades in white/gray/taupe/black family. It also makes an amazing liner if you use it wet. The raspberry side works great with colours like MAC Cranberry, Sketch, Expensive Pink or MUFE #39, #49

If you like easier to wear duos like Cordura and are not too big on smokey eyes, try Star Sailor, Pandora and Alahambra

HTH!! I love my Eurydice as u can tell :)