Nars Summer 2016

MaryJane

I took advantage of the Beauty.com 20% off and got both blushes and the neutral lip covers. I think the shades are neutral enough that they can be worn year round. I think Liberation will work very nicely with the new Chanel eyeshadow quad for summer.

fur4elise

Thanks! I MAY have just placed a large-ish NARS order...

LOL! I ended up purchasing some skin care, a clearance UD GS lip liner & in lieu of NARS...this week, the UD GS Blush Palette. For $36 bucks I could not resist since it is sold out everywhere else. The sale goes for another week...so if I am a good girl, I see NARS in the near future. ;)

Sabrunka

I also grabbed both of the nude lip covers from beauty.com! I expect all of us to have swatches up soon ;) I'm getting my order tomorrow!

GreenEyedAllie

I also grabbed both of the nude lip covers from beauty.com! I expect all of us to have swatches up soon ;) I'm getting my order tomorrow!

Fun! I just got Get Dirty to start since I have so many nude lip colors. If I like the formula a lot, I will grab Overheated, too.

MaryJane

My Beauty.com order arrived yesterday. It was overnight delivery even though I selected standard - very happy about that. I'm wearing SC blush today with Overheated lip cover. I love the blush colors but do find them to be rather sheer. I may have to try them wet or with a different blush. They're not as frosted as I thought they might be, they have a nice sheen. Love Overheated. It feels really good on the lips. The downside is that it transfers to everything but I can live with that.

I'm debating whether to order the Nars Matte Velvet Skin tint during the sale. I received a generous sample from Sephora and have been using it for a few days. The color match is good, it feels light on the skin (which makes it a good choice for summer), and most days I'm very happy with the way it looks. My problem is that I get inconsistent results from day to day. I've been using the UD Optical blurring brush - some days the finish is flawless at other times I feel that I can see every flake on my skin and see the foundation in my pores. It's really difficult for my to find the 'right' amount to apply. Have any of you ladies tried this? What do you think? Maybe I'm using the wrong tools.

Anyway...very, very happy with Nars summer so far!

Monsy

It sadly does rnhance dryness and settles into pores, especially if applied with the brush. it;s the best to apply it with and pressing it onto the skin

Sabrunka

My Beauty.com order arrived yesterday. It was overnight delivery even though I selected standard - very happy about that. I'm wearing SC blush today with Overheated lip cover. I love the blush colors but do find them to be rather sheer. I may have to try them wet or with a different blush. They're not as frosted as I thought they might be, they have a nice sheen. Love Overheated. It feels really good on the lips. The downside is that it transfers to everything but I can live with that.

I'm debating whether to order the Nars Matte Velvet Skin tint during the sale. I received a generous sample from Sephora and have been using it for a few days. The color match is good, it feels light on the skin (which makes it a good choice for summer), and most days I'm very happy with the way it looks. My problem is that I get inconsistent results from day to day. I've been using the UD Optical blurring brush - some days the finish is flawless at other times I feel that I can see every flake on my skin and see the foundation in my pores. It's really difficult for my to find the 'right' amount to apply. Have any of you ladies tried this? What do you think? Maybe I'm using the wrong tools.

Yay! Glad to hear about the Overheated lippy! I'll get to try mine tonight when I get home, I can't wait!

MaryJane

It sadly does rnhance dryness and settles into pores, especially if applied with the brush. it;s the best to apply it with and pressing it onto the skin

Thanks Monsy. I think your post was cut off - the best way is to apply with what?
As much as I want to like this, it will probably be a pass for me.

Monsy

oh sorry i have no idea why some words are missing? with your hands I meant . I think on nars youtube channel there is a video of how to apply it let me try to find it

GreenEyedAllie

Great haul!!! You've had several good hauls, lately! :) I can't wait to get my stuff today! I have a feeling I will end up with Overheated as well...

The Velvet skin tint is amazing. It looks perfect...if I don't have any dry patches, so I would recommend exfoliating regularly if you want it to be your daily foundation. I use the Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner after washing my face in the morning, and that seems to help. I also find using a light primer could help, too. Similar to what Monsy said, I have the best luck applying with my hands and fingers. Also, I would start with less and work up to more if you need more coverage. I find a tiny bit does the job.

Monsy

I exfoliate , use moisturizing serum, very thick moisturizing cream and moisturizing primer and it STILL shows dry patches (that never show up with other non matte foundations). too bad because i really like the feel and the coverage and even the finish

fur4elise

Sigh...totally blowing my low buy this month! I double dipped! :scram:& since I am not partaking of Vibe Tribe...boy am I glad I am not part of the delay drama over on that thread. No fun stalking all night & morning to find out the release has been delayed!!!:mad:

I am excited! MAC x CC Vermillion Vee has been a lackluster event, so I ordered the Lip Cover in Do Not Disturb (swatch on left!)...My spring summer theme of #buyallthereds continues on. I love the swatches on Aida from Makeup & Beauty! (snagged images from there)
nars-summer-lipstick-swatches-close.jpg

Originally, I was going to go for both LE dual intensity blushes, Sexual Content & Liberation, based on Monsy's swatches. However, I became enamored with Fervor so it is Liberation & Fervor! (L & R)

nars-liberation-swatches.jpg NARS-Fervor-Blush-Swatch.jpg
By the way, I am liking the Makeup & Beauty blog!

My first Beauty.com order should arrive today. They shipped the same day I ordered!
:dogdance:

Last edited:

MaryJane

I exfoliate , use moisturizing serum, very thick moisturizing cream and moisturizing primer and it STILL shows dry patches (that never show up with other non matte foundations). too bad because i really like the feel and the coverage and even the finish

I have the same issue. I use Retin-a so I have to be careful with exfoliating. I'm going to try applying it with my fingers and see if they works.It's not like I don't have any foundations to use - the current rotation is Armani Luminous Silk, UD Naked Skin, and Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer.

Allie - I LOL'd when you mentioned my hauls. I've spend entirely too much $$ on cosmetics the last few weeks. I'm on a no-buy for real now.

Sabrunka

View attachment 54160 image.jpeg

Overheated and get dirty! They look really dark on me hah i blame my pigmented lips.

ANNND of course theyre sideways haha. I really REALLY like these though! I'm thinking of getting the other one, the lighter red shade (don't want the dark red one). They aren't transfer proof but omg they don't settle into your lip lines which is a huge deal for me! And they feel moisturizing, almost like I'm just wearing a balm!

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

View attachment 54160 View attachment 54161

Overheated and get dirty! They look really dark on me hah i blame my pigmented lips.

ANNND of course theyre sideways haha. I really REALLY like these though! I'm thinking of getting the other one, the lighter red shade (don't want the dark red one). They aren't transfer proof but omg they don't settle into your lip lines which is a huge deal for me! And they feel moisturizing, almost like I'm just wearing a balm!

Beautiful (as always!)! Which is which? Is get dirty the pinker one?

Latest posts