NARS Travel brush set

WhatWouldJoanDo

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited and had to share. Neiman Marcus is selling a NARS Travel Brush set with a case, blush, push eyeliner, eye shader, and small domed brush. For those in the US, I noticed free shipping now.

Anyone know if it's available at the Bay or Holts in Canada?

MarieMary

WhatWouldJoanDo

I've been wanting the eye shader brush 4-ever. I hope it's the sable one. I have the push eyeliner and domed brush and enjoy them so much that some short-handed sisters (or brothers ;-) ) would be a welcome addition to my useful favourite tools. A blush brush is always nice. I can't see them being lower quality as it would be a bad business move imho (and NARS doesn't roll that way lol). Of course shorter handles never feel as nice to use BUT fantastic for travel and in a purse for a special day to night quick fix.

MarieMary

I've been wanting the eye shader brush 4-ever. I hope it's the sable one. I have the push eyeliner and domed brush and enjoy them so much that some short-handed sisters (or brothers ;-) ) would be a welcome addition to my useful favourite tools. A blush brush is always nice. I can't see them being lower quality as it would be a bad business move imho (and NARS doesn't roll that way lol). Of course shorter handles never feel as nice to use BUT fantastic for travel and in a purse for a special day to night quick fix.
Lol me too. But the eye shader brush is super expensive in France, so I never bought it because as good as it might be I can't spend that much on one brush. The Yachiyo was already a big big big spending.
I'm glad to read you love the push eyeliner pencil. :) How do you use it?

WhatWouldJoanDo

I agree! The eye shader brush alone is about US$90 in France. Plus I don't have any of the brushes in this set. :)

Lol me too. But the eye shader brush is super expensive in France, so I never bought it because as good as it might be I can't spend that much on one brush. The Yachiyo was already a big big big spending.
I'm glad to read you love the push eyeliner pencil. :) How do you use it?
The push eyeliner brush you place then wiggle into the lashes, lift the brush and place to put the next part of the line and wiggle into the base of the lashes eye ... the little wiggle is just enough to get the pigment out of the brush .... it creates thicker lash line both on top and bottom of the lashes and line of the eye. James showed me!
Used a black shadow with it to finish a coloured smokey eye.

MarieMary

Thank you for the explanation. ;) I also imagine it's better to use NARS eyeshadows wet or cake eyeliner.

katred

Specktra Bestie
It is available exclusively at the Bay in Canada, starting August 1st. The brushes are the exact same as the regular ones, just with shorter handles. The set is a very good deal, too.

WhatWouldJoanDo

@katred .. not so exclusive, i saw the brush set and the two palettes: american dream/new wave at Holt Renfrew (Toronto) today.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Thank you for the explanation. ;) I also imagine it's better to use NARS eyeshadows wet or cake eyeliner.
i'm not sure about better (different yes) .... but I was shown and use dry shadow (NARS pandora) .. but I'm sure the nylon bristles could do well with damp pigments - the technique may be different in that case

WhatWouldJoanDo

if someone hasn't posted all the colours in each set already, i've memorized it and can share ... for some reason i find the colours names easy to remember which is which .. i'm such a makeup nerd lol!

MarieMary

Hello everyone!

Has anyone bought this brush set? I'm dying to find pictures and mostly reviews on how they perform compared to the regular size brushes.

DILLIGAF

The brush set and the "exclusive" palettes are currently available at Sephora as well. I saw it there after I bought the New Wave palette at Nordstrom's

Latest posts