NARS Velvet Gloss Pencils in "New Lover" and "Happy Days" Swatched.

ButterflyDior77

On MAC NC20 Skin Tone.

Bare Lips:

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils:

Happy Days : A peach color on the hand, but becomes more pink-peach on the lips (well it did for me).

New Lover : A Strawberry pink/red

I tried on "Frivolous" and it was a pretty very light candy pink , I want to get this one at a later date.
Baroque was a brick red or brown red in the color like MAC's Dubonnet or Brick O La , but sheerer.
Club Mix was a dark plum-berry color , that I personally did not like for me.

lunadestella

These look super gorgeous on you! Thanks for posting all this.
heart2.gif

I was lucky when I went to Sephora early this week because they had everything up. Got to test these babies out! Happy Days is exactly how you described it -- very peachy pink. It's amazing. So is New Lover. Frivolous was very light on but I loved it. These are definitely coming home with me after I save up for them :)

ButterflyDior77

Thank you!
Yeah, Frivolous is one I still want, and am thinking about it.

There was a more orange one I believe, but I don't wear orange much, and a nude one...I for some reason didn't take a look at the nude. hmmm

Anyhow the gloss is really soft and so I was looking through to find the one that looked in the best shape. Also they seem to melt, maybe under sephora lights.
But the gloss is moisturizing and non sticky.

I prefer these over a stain type solution, or a gloss now. They are natural and give you a color of a stain, but are a gloss.

HOTasFCUK

Geeezzzzz i was going nuts all night trying to find pics/swatches of those two exact pencils and i'm NC20 too!!! Thanks so much! I want them both! They are so pigmented. Are they keepers?

ButterflyDior77

Yes, I would say they are definitely keepers! I love "New Lover" the most, but they are both beautiful.
Really moisturizing, easy to apply, nice shine, and good for a pop of color but nothing crazy.

Ejka

Both colours look lovely on you
eyelove.gif
! I purchased New lover immediately after seeing your pic. I adore the colour (although it's a bit redder on me). I can't wait for simple spring/summer looks with new lover on the lips and NARS's Cactus flower on cheeks (or MAC's Fabulush ccb). They look so good together! The texture is really nice and moisturising - the only drawback is that it is so soft that I have to be careful not to leave the pencil anywhere warm.

ButterflyDior77

Thanks guys! I also found some beauty blogs that have the other colors lip swatched: Hopi, Happy Days, and New Lover: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/02/nars-velvet-gloss-lip-swatches-part-2.html Frivolous and Baroque: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/02/nars-velvet-gloss-lip-swatches-part-1.html Club Mix: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/02/nars-velvet-gloss-lip-swatches-part-3.html

Latest posts