Naughty Naticals on eBay... Extra Questionable

janelovesyou

MAC NAUGHTY NAUTICALS 20 ITEMS NOT YET RELEASED NEW - eBay (item 320236831770 end time Apr-16-08 09:23:14 PDT)

I new user with 3 feedback is selling the entire collection up on eBay with no actual photos of the products, just the stock product images linked directly from another site
thmbdn.gif

They state it will be ready to ship on the 21st which means they don't even have it yet (which is already obvious since they're hotlinking stock images). And the feedback that they've received are for selling pigment samples in a roundabout way and a cheapo brush set that comes with a "Mac Pigment Gift"

Oh this auction doesn't seem shady at all...

gigglegirl

goodness that's sick. and if it was legit products, it sure as heck would be wayyyy over 200 for all 20 products. Pathetic....

Solace

Oh man.. hopefully people will realize this and be careful on bidding on this lot. O_O I'm surprised there's even 9 bids.

abbyquack

yea but let's face it, some bidders on ebay are not the brightest people. i can't believe how many obviously fake MAC products get bid on! and often times many bids. i agree, it seems totally sketchy.

coachkitten

That is super shady. I seems like this person is going to an event on the 21st and is trying to make a huge profit. I really dislike the way that some people do business on ebay.

panda0410

I've been watching this since it was listed, very questionable. But I do know that there are several sellers who PRE-SELL from upcoming collections, this seller isnt the only one. The thing that make me wary of the whole thing is the feedback biz.

SMMY

Doesn't eBay have any restrictions about selling items not yet in your possession? That seems very sketchy to me.

coachkitten

^^They seriously should! It just seems all sorts of wrong to sell something that you don't physically have and with no real pictures. I remember people doing this a lot with the MAC barbie doll.

panda0410

I used to worry about it a lot, but I have repeat purchased from one seller in particular who pre-sells and I have never been let down. I'd buy from her again too.

1165Cheryl

I have also seen over the years ebay sellers listing up coming new collections in advanced. Many of them in the past (before all of these fake Mac pigments/products) were well known authentic sellers.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Doesn't eBay have any restrictions about selling items not yet in your possession? That seems very sketchy to me.

It would hurt ebay as there are MANY legitimate sellers who sell items (not necesarily makeup) that are direct-shipped by a third party; so, the seller never has the item in their possesion, but they are still honest and legit sellers.

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
MAC NAUGHTY NAUTICALS 20 ITEMS NOT YET RELEASED NEW - eBay (item 320236831770 end time Apr-16-08 09:23:14 PDT)

I new user with 3 feedback is selling the entire collection up on eBay with no actual photos of the products, just the stock product images linked directly from another site
thmbdn.gif

They state it will be ready to ship on the 21st which means they don't even have it yet (which is already obvious since they're hotlinking stock images). And the feedback that they've received are for selling pigment samples in a roundabout way and a cheapo brush set that comes with a "Mac Pigment Gift"

Well you know what someone told me basically that sometimes the MUA at M.A.C. they get products days before and that they get a set for theirselves to use and practice looks i guess before the actual product is coming out. Then some MUAs i guess they sell them online and actually is prohibited to do and this one person here in NC got fired for doing that so that's what i thought it was honestly...which would explain the wait because i know they dont have that in the stores this early. maybe not but not before. but welp @ everything

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou

thmbdn.gif

Hmmm...seems like they ended that auction & relisted it MAC NAUGHTY NAUTICALS 20 ITEMS NOT YET RELEASED NEW - eBay (item 320241607164 end time Apr-25-08 07:54:09 PDT)