Naval Piercing - 2 years and still open *bit ucky*

Cara

So I took my piercing out when i was 6 or 7 months pregnant. My son has just turned 2. So thats gotta be 26 months of not having the piercing in.
So i was just having a mini work out and i looked at my stomach and though, uggggh, the hole didnt heal up very well (like i do every time i see it), and i had a fiddle and there was some. 'stuff' in it - just like what you get in pierced ear holes.. well i do - so it wasnt gross or anything - just a build up.
But as i tried to push the build up out - it came out like a tube - at first i was like 'huuuur' but then i thought well - thats been keeping the piercing open....I tried my ring in, and i did have to use some baby oil for the top of the hole, but omg, it went in!!

Thats gotta be a record! 26 months with no jewellery in, and the ring went in easily! Yay!

But!!

Now its in - do i need to do anything care wise - the only thing that is different is the hole is slightly tighter.. but then it has been pierced for 18 years or so beforehand. Is there anything i should put on it since its been so long?

gildedangel

At this point just treat it like you would a stretched piercing (since you are stretching it back to normal size). Leave it alone, if its sore put some warm saline solution on it. Honestly it should be fine as long as you don't bump it hard or mess with it too much.