NC25? Help - Specktra peeps I need you!

allthatgl1tt3rs

Ok it's nearly a year and a half ago since I went to a MAC counter for the first time in my life LOL and asked for help with foundation. I'd shyed away from it before but wanted to try it out.

Anyway the girl there was very helpful and kitted me out with everything I needed and gave me some great tips. She reckoned I'm NC25 but whenever I wore it and photos were taken - ARGH! White-as-a-sheet face compared to my neck etc. It made me look ghost-like. So I stopped wearing it
ssad.gif

I now wear Mary Kay foundation which I love to pieces, but I would like to experiment with other foundations and also try MAC again. Here are a few of my details:

• I have combination skin (I can be really dry in places and super oily in others!!) and I told the MAC artist this so she recommended I go for the Studio Stick foundation which I got - however do any of you combination girls find another formula works for you better?...
  • I have olive-y skin on my neck, weirdly - I never have tanned well until in recent years. My face however has red undertones, I blush easily etc. I have strawberry blonde hair with hints of auburn, brown etc.
So do you think I really am NC25? I personally feel whilst NC25 does have a yellow hue to it that neutralises the red undertone I still feel it was too light for me. Should I go one up?

My 2nd query is I am in the market for some new eyeshadow shades, blushes and pigments etc for my own personal kit. I don't want to waste money on colours that end up not really suiting me.

So any of you girls who are similar to me in skin colour/hair colour/eye colour etc. what are your personal faves from the MAC counter?

I'm attaching a piccie for reference:

3185237083_7644834123.jpg

If anyone's in a similar boat I'd be uber greatful
yes.gif

TIA x