NC40-42 looking for help with eyeshadow colors PLEASE

xenobabe

newhere.gif

Long-time lurker, first time poster, please help ?

So, I'm fairly experienced with makeup, but.... I'm at a loss when it comes to eyeshadow combinations when wearing yellow. I recently bought a gorgeous lemon-yellow gown for an event I'm attending.

I was told to try Woodwinked as a wash, with Sketch in the crease, and Ricepaper as a highlight - the PROBLEM with this is that woodwinked really makes my eyes look like a bronzy-golden protruded mess
eeksign.gif
(my eyes are slightly protuded, big almond shaped and they're slightly more closer together than wider apart). I usually only have glitter/shimmer in the inner corners OR at the lower center of my upper lids.

I was thinking of matte warm browns, however I can go shimmery as well, any suggestions (from ANY makeup line) would help.

Ideally thinking of pairing the entire look with MAC Harmony blush (or Nars Madly) or something in that tone. Not certain of lipstick, but that depends on what happens with the eyes.

Please help me specktra gurus !

anyone.gif

SugarBob

Maybe a matte beige shadow on the lid like Urban Decay Naked on the lid and Sketch in the crease to smoke it out

jbrown99

I agree try the matte medium brown in the Naked 1 pallet. My favorite is Buck.I also have a few medium brown matte shadows from Mary Kay that are pretty flattering.