NC43/44 where you at?

MacObsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLaundale
Hi there,

I'm an NC43, though I don't wear MAC foundation anymore. I use MUFE Mat Velvet, works much better for my oily/acne-prone skin.

I second the rec above, we do look great in bright pinks and corals. I've got about a million favorite lippies and blushes, but I'll narrow it down to my must-haves. I tried not to pick LE products, since I hate getting a rec for a product I can't find.

Blushes

MAC Ambering Rose
MAC Slave to Love
MAC Deep Plum
MAC Frankley Scarlett
MAC Dollymix

NARS Gina
NARS Lovejoy
NARS Sin (Love this one sooo much)
NARS Gilda
NARS Taos

Lippies - I don't wear much MAC lippies anymore, so here are all my recs

Chanel Giggle Glossimer - The only non-shimmery one and a gorgeous medium pink shade.
MAC Ultra Elegant Slimshine - The perfect peachy-beige for our skintone and they feel amazing.-have to go back and get
MAC Underplay - Lovely nude-have to go back and get
MAC Dubonnet - Great matte red
MAC Viva Glam - V lipglass, VI lipstick and lipgloss
NARS glosses - Chantico, Metis, Stolen Kisses, Chihuahua, Indian Red (lipstain)
NARS lipsticks - Gipsy, Porte Vecchio, Pigalle

Ok, whew! Hope that wasn't too many recs. Enjoy!

I cant wait to add the rest from this list to my collection

nunu

blushes that i love are margin, trace gold, pinch me, dollymix, ablaze and peachkeen!

dominichulinda

blushes
blush baby
gingerly
peachtwist
honour
trace gold
margin
cubic
sunbasque

beauty powder blushes
joyous
eversun
secret blush
feeling

lipstick
barely lit
sandy b
honey flower
back to del rio

lipglosses
1n
2n
hmyphette
cthru
mad cap
viva glam vi
bada bang

Flammable

I'm NC42 in Studio Fix powder but I have a cousin who is NC43 and we both look good in similar products so I wanted to put in my two cents.
greengrin.gif

All MAC products-

BLUSHES
Ambering Rose
Breezy
Gingerly
Peaches
Loverush
Sweet as Cocoa (use it to contour)
Fashion Frenzy
Serenely (BPP)

LIPSTICKS
Hot Tahiti
4N
Brave
Strawbaby
Rebel
Instinctive
Jubilee
Spice it up

divinedime

I'm NC 44! Thanks for starting this thread because a lot of products that I had been eying but wasn't sure if it would work has been mentioned.

MacObsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedime
I'm NC 44! Thanks for starting this thread because a lot of products that I had been eying but wasn't sure if it would work has been mentioned.

yahoo.gif
OMG I feel like such a groupie right now me and my bestfriend watch your videos like EVERYDAY her for your locs and me for your makeup btw the peacock look you recreated was FABOLOUS
yahoo.gif

okay groupie moment over.

Im glad I wasnt the only curious one

and I want to take this time out to THANK ALL of the LADIES that responded to the post and gave input/advice etc I REALLY do value and APPRECIATE IT!
and im sure I sure I will be adding everything suggestted to my collection!

tinkerbelle2001

Hi.....I am a NC43 too!! I guess I'm the only blond one.....;-)

But my dad was born in Indonesia, so my skin is darker then most blond girls.

I will try to find out what my favourite colours are....I'll get back to you. But one thing comes to mind right now:

L/s 4N, the perfect natural lipstick for me
L/s Lollipop Loving & Sock hop l/g from heatherette are also great
BP blushes Eversun, Joyous & Secret Blush
all the msf's (I have them all except Pleasureflush and use them every day!)

MacObsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelle2001
Hi.....I am a NC43 too!! I guess I'm the only blond one.....;-)

But my dad was born in Indonesia, so my skin is darker then most blond girls.

I will try to find out what my favourite colours are....I'll get back to you. But one thing comes to mind right now:

L/s 4N, the perfect natural lipstick for me
L/s Lollipop Loving & Sock hop l/g from heatherette are also great
BP blushes Eversun, Joyous & Secret Blush
all the msf's (I have them all except Pleasureflush and use them every day!)

Thank you so much! Ive been looking for 4n EVERYWHERE! my mom took mines
ssad.gif

Im eyeing the BPS I cant carry anything else on the plane so NEXT WEEK I WILL UPDATE WITH MY NEW HAUL!!

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
hey im nc43 i hear alot about dollymix but im too scared to try it. let me know how it is when u get it, thanks!

Dollymix is the perfect pink blush. Im NC45 and it looks so cute. It add such a great cute pink glow to your face. Let me tell you, I have spent $25 on NARS blushes only to find that MAC is the only one that seems to stay better. I like using a cream colour bases under my blushes too.
also try Joyous from the Beauty Powder Blushes

kalikana

Thanks a lot everyone for contributing to this thread! I'm an NC44 as well
smiles.gif

I'm kinda new to MAC so everything I own is from the recent collections. xD

Anyway, here's what I use:
Lipstick - 4N (I LOVE 4N! I recently got a backup for this!), Lollipop Lovin', Strawbaby & Utterly Frivolous
Lipgloss/glass - Sock Hop, NARS Tempest
Blushes - Hipness, Fashion Frenzy and Secret Blush (I LOVE them all!
smiles.gif
)
IPP - Verve-acious
MSFs - Warmed and Light Flush

veejay

I'm NC42/43 in the winter and NC44 with a major tan! I love Margin Blush by MAC. Can anyone recommend a pretty peachy blush for tan skin?

v

Icecaramellatte

I'm NC43 in Studio Fix

A few weeks ago I purchased:

Mousse Slimshine l/s
Hipness (Fafi) blush
Joyous Beauty Blush
Soft and Slow l/g
Nighthawk/Front Row Dual Edge Eye Pencil

Yesterday I bought:
Mineralized loose powder in dark
Bateaux Lustreglass
Get Rich Quick Dazzleglass
Viva Glam VI l/s
Assertive Slimshine l/s
Lovey Dovey Slimshine l/s
Think Tan Slimshine l/s
Sock Hop - l/g (Heatherrette)

Fave Blushes:
-Sunbasque
-Style
-Margin

Fave lipglosses:
Savoir Faire - Mac Couture gloss
Entice
Lychee Luxe
Instant Gold
VGV
Sunny Boy

Fave Lipsticks:
Honey Flower
Shag
Coconutty
Tropical Resort
Gilty Kiss
Most Wanted Slimshine

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejay
I'm NC42/43 in the winter and NC44 with a major tan! I love Margin Blush by MAC. Can anyone recommend a pretty peachy blush for tan skin?

v

It's bright but with a light hand STYLE (shimmer) would be fantastic. Peachtwist or Peachykeen is nice too. For non-shimmer, you might like Peaches.

Sweexy985

Hey!

I'm NC43 in Studio Fix Powder as well
thmbup.gif

Some of my favorite lipglasses are:

Revealing (looks dull in the bottle, but soo pretty on)
oyster girl (very pale pink)
Viva Glam V (great for everyone)
Lychee Luxe (vivid coral - great summer look)

Lustreglasses:

Love Nectar (great color)
Ensign
Sinnamon

I'm just starting to get into lipsticks, so the only one I have now is electro (neon orange) lol and it's GREAT!

Eye shadow:

Paradisco
Honesty
Antiqued
Mythology
Shimmer Moss
Amber Lights

Lip Pencils:

HodgePodge
Currant
Stripdown

nazneen372

I'm an NC43 too!!!! Great thread - so many recs I'm going to look up!

I don't know if it's because my skin's really dry, but I've found that most MAC powder blushes don't show up on me? I love Shu Uemura's ones, especially:

P Red 19D (this is my favourite blush of all time!!!! sheer bright red shot with gold, it's amazing on).
P Wine 25 (bright sugar pink with super subtle silver shimmer that just makes it glow on)
M Brick 67 (matte burnt orange/tan - great in summer for a bronzey look).

MAC's Cheery is really nice too.

Lipglosses:

I LOVE YSL Golden Gloss in Blackcurrant (no. 8) - it's sooo pretty, as well as 12 (Amber), and 5. (Rust?).

I also love Clarins Gloss Appeal in Grape and Apricot.

Lipsticks:

I find these difficult as my lips are quite pigmented, but I do love Dubonnet, it's a great red on me. I'm looking for a flattering nude shade, so will definitely take a closer look at some of the recs for those on here!

Shadows:

Coppering, Antiqued, Humid, Amber Lights, Expensive Pink, and Chanel's cream shadows in 81 (shimmery bright mint), 60 (beige shimmer) and 50 (apricot/orange shot with gold).

I know it's a cliche but I LOVE my MAC Teddy eye kohl!

gingerbelle

NC43 here. I have very yellow undertones so my favorites tend to be really warm: (only permanent colors listed)

Eyes: NYX Nude (the perfect lid brightener), Lime Juice, Urban Decay Jones, Blunt, Baked, ABC Gum; MAC Amber Lights, Woodwinked, Soft Brown, Saddle, Espresso, Patina, Velvet Moss, Rose (Pro), Sushi Flower, Juiced, Rose Gold pig.

Cheeks: NYX Pecan, MAC Sunbasque, Plum Foolery

Lips: Lipstick - Underplay(perfect nude), Shy Shine (Pro/Asia), Coconutty, Fabby, Peachstock (Pro/Asia), Fresh Moroccan, Meltdown, High Tea.

Lip/lustreglass - Beaux, Revealing, Enchantress, Nymphette, VGV, Spring Bean, Ample Pink (plushglass), Valentines (lipgelee)

**NC43 version of the infamous Kim Kardashian lip look - Stripdown lip liner, Shy Shine lipstick (or 3N), Ample Pink Plushglass.

BionicWoman

It depends on which MAC Formula I'm using
For example, I'm NC43 in Studio Fix Powder, NC44 in Studio Tech, and NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid.

As for the other MAC Foundation Formulas, I'm an NC44....NC43 if that particular formula doesn't come in NC44.

I can NEVER just where a plain C6 or whatever because it's makes me look ashy. I have both yellow and pink undertones in my skin.

I hope that doesn't sound too confusing!
th_DANCE.gif

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejay

v

I'm going to recommend Peachtwist - it's been my staple for years! (I also recently added Springsheen to my collection. It's a very subtle peach with a beautiful gold shimmer. Helps make us look "glowy" haha..)

This thread is SO helpful. I've been stuck on the same blushes and lipglasses for years, too scared to try anything new. The recommendations here are fantastic!

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicWoman
It depends on which MAC Formula I'm using
For example, I'm NC43 in Studio Fix Powder, NC44 in Studio Tech, and NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid.

As for the other MAC Foundation Formulas, I'm an NC44....NC43 if that particular formula doesn't come in NC44.

I can NEVER just where a plain C6 or whatever because it's makes me look ashy. I have both yellow and pink undertones in my skin.

I hope that doesn't sound too confusing!
th_DANCE.gif

LOL makes complete sense. (I get the feeling most of us have some "strategic layering" going on..or at very least, we mix/match our foundations.)

I think NC44 should be made available in more formulas!