Necessary make-up for your face?

AmiS4ys

What face make-up is THE staple of your make-up regime?

i have SFF NW 20, Light Flush MSF, Nuance Mineralized Blush and fix +. what else would you suggest i get to use on a daily basis?

also, what do you guys think about the mineralized skinfinish foundation? does it give you a decent amount of coverage? oh do tell!

TIA =]

jojo_makeuplvr

Mine is Cetaphil moisturizer, Prep+Prime face primer, Fix + and Benefit's erase paste because I have some mean under eye circles right now. I have to use these items to complete me, lol.

gildedangel

You could get concealer if you feel like you need it, I recommend the studio sculpt one as a great general concealer. A good general setting powder is also important for setting you SFF. I would suggest an MSFN if you need light coverage or if you need heavy coverage use the Studio Fix Powder. You really have about everything that you need unless you have a specific concern. If you want to buy more products you could invest in a contouring powder. I hope that this helped you!

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo_makeuplvr
Mine is Cetaphil moisturizer, Prep+Prime face primer, Fix + and Benefit's erase paste because I have some mean under eye circles right now. I have to use these items to complete me, lol.

ooo thats my problem too! do you mix the fix + and the erase paste together?

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
You could get concealer if you feel like you need it, I recommend the studio sculpt one as a great general concealer. A good general setting powder is also important for setting you SFF. I would suggest an MSFN if you need light coverage or if you need heavy coverage use the Studio Fix Powder. You really have about everything that you need unless you have a specific concern. If you want to buy more products you could invest in a contouring powder. I hope that this helped you!

Actually that really helped me! lol Are either Studio Sculpt Concealer or the Studio Fix Powder cakey or heavy feeling?

jojo_makeuplvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiS4ys
ooo thats my problem too! do you mix the fix + and the erase paste together?

No I don't it. Its good on its own. I spray all over my face after I set my foundation with MSFN. I like that studio sculpt concealer too, I use it on acne scars.

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiS4ys
Actually that really helped me! lol Are either Studio Sculpt Concealer or the Studio Fix Powder cakey or heavy feeling?

Well the Studio Sculpt concealer isn't cakey, but it can be if you pile it on, you only need a little! The Studio Fix Powder can be cakey, I find that it does cake on me. Just spritz Fix + on a brush and PAT it all over your face and that should fix it! (No pun intended lol)

BrowneyedBeauty

I like Studio Fix powder with Fix+ over it (like the person above said). I love Love Rock from the Grand Duos collection and the Studio Sculpt concealer for under my eyes. Hope that helps!

gremlin

Mineralize Satinfinish is my staple. Makes my pores disappear and gives me a nice dewy glow. I have the skinfinish too, it's really good (light coverage, doesn't dry out your skin) but I'm using the liquid foundation instead because it's summer and it has sun protection.

Anyway, have you thought of getting Strobe? You could use it under your foundation.
yes.gif

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin
Mineralize Satinfinish is my staple. Makes my pores disappear and gives me a nice dewy glow. I have the skinfinish too, it's really good (light coverage, doesn't dry out your skin) but I'm using the liquid foundation instead because it's summer and it has sun protection.

Anyway, have you thought of getting Strobe? You could use it under your foundation.
yes.gif

I was thinking about it, maybe even mixing into my foundation, but I have oily/combo skin so I'm kind of afraid to.

BeautyPsycho

Well, actually studio fix powder is not meant to be used as a finishing powder, it's a foundation, to use on its own. But I've used it as a finishing powder and didn't like it very much like that. I would suggest trying Prep & prime transparent finishing powder, it's really great. There's no way it's going to look cakey or powdery or anything. I'm oily/combo as well and it works great for me.
Studio finish concealer is great, I agree with previous suggestion
smiles.gif

Hmm... also, maybe you should get a bronzer? Summer is coming and it's great to have one
smiles.gif
It's not necessary ofc, but still.

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
Well, actually studio fix powder is not meant to be used as a finishing powder, it's a foundation, to use on its own. But I've used it as a finishing powder and didn't like it very much like that. I would suggest trying Prep & prime transparent finishing powder, it's really great. There's no way it's going to look cakey or powdery or anything. I'm oily/combo as well and it works great for me.
Studio finish concealer is great, I agree with previous suggestion
smiles.gif

Hmm... also, maybe you should get a bronzer? Summer is coming and it's great to have one
smiles.gif
It's not necessary ofc, but still.

Good point indeed. What is a bronzer that you might recommend? And honestly, how would I use one? =/

BeautyPsycho

If you want MAC, you might check out their new Style warriors collection, you'll have cute packaging as well
lol.gif
they have 2 bronzers there, get refined golden if you like it... or if you prefer more natural look (no shimmer etc) you can get mineralize skinfinish that is few shades darked than your skin tone and use that as a great bronzer!
smiles.gif
If you want to look into another brands, Clinique has really good ones too.
You'll need a big, fluffy brush (or you can use your blush brush) and apply it wherever sun would naturally "hit" you (where you'd get more tanned)- your cheeks/cheekbones, on your forehead into your hair, on the bridge of your nose, little bit on your chin, decolte
smiles.gif
Just make sure you don't over-do it because it can look unnatural. But practice makes perfect (theres probably tons of videos on youtube with more info on how to put bronzer on) and it can really make your whole face look so much better! Especially if you don't like to tan- you'll look a little tan without any sun damage!
winks.gif

PS. If you don't want to spend a lot of money because you are not sure if you'll like using bronzers at all, you can start with drugstore brands- physicians formula has a lot to offer.

Latest posts