Need a brand recommendation

Cyn

I've been relatively faithful to MAC for eye cosmetics, and I use Shiseido foundation (which I love).

However, I'd like to branch out a bit more and try out a brand that specializes in creating a "me but better look". I'd really like it if they focused on having perfect skin, but it isn't necessary.

In the end, I need to find a good look for the office and for interviews. It would be an added bonus if said brand could give a makeover.

I have dark hair and almond-shaped, creased, dark eyes and I wear O40 in Shiseido's "The Makeup"

foreveratorifan

I like a lot of Bobbi Brown's products for a more "natural" everyday look. The shadows are pretty textures and look simple and lovely, and their blushes and bronzers are nice too.

mmm....Stila is also nice, but uses more shimmer than Bobbi Brown does...so it depends on the kind of natural look you are wanting!

It's always fun to play around and try new stuff
smiles.gif

Demosthenes

If you want a polished look, I'd recommend going to Estee Lauder and booking an appointment with a MA there. I've done that before for job interviews, and the MAs I've had did a wonderful job. Like foreveratorifan said, Bobbi Brown and Stila would also be really good choices.

Onederland

Giorgio Armani cosmetics are, personnally, the best "you but better" cosmetics. But their relatively pricey. But due to the elusive nature of the brand, Bobbi Brown would be the next in line for "natural"

Janice

I would say Armani, then Laura Mercier. Especially if you want the "flawless skin" look since LM has a Flawless Face system that is actually pretty nice.

joytheobscure

Philosophy makeup optional, really has helped my skin. I do really like the Stila eyeshadows for a nice long lasting not too wild mu look.

Smashbox has great eyeshadows also though....

Cyn

Thanks you guys, I'll have to see what's available at my closest mall. I might have to wait to visit Seattle to try the others.

Cedar

Second Laura Mercier. They're big on foundation and having good skin before adding the rest of the makeup. Other than that, maybe Bobbi Brown or Trish McEvoy.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn
and I use Shiseido foundation (which I love).

I have dark hair and almond-shaped, creased, dark eyes and I wear O40 in Shiseido's "The Makeup"

I <3 Shiseido foundations!!! They have so many different formulas and none of them clog my pores!! They're also all very natural looking.

I'd recommend hitting up Shiseido, Vincent Longo, and Laura Mercier.

Shiseido & Vincent Longo are both carried at the Bellevue Square Sephora, and Nordstrom has Laura Mercier.

Latest posts