Need a little advice

TipTopTap

I got my hair cut sunday, and I *love* the shape- thanks again guys for all the advice. It really helped.

But now I have a few questions. I keep trying to copy the awesome look the hairdresser gave me. I have been testing a few different kinds of products but they all have the same problem. First, they don't last past 1pm and by then my bangs have really frizzed up. And second, the rest of my hair seems kind of glued together. Like, the top layers are stuck in very defined curls (crunchy/sticky) and the underneath part is frizz.

1. Is there any way to get products through my hair evenly so that it all forms defined but soft curls?
2. Are there certain types of products I should look for? (i.e. glosses/creams/gels/pomades/waxes/muds)
3. Should I apply them wet or dry?
4. And a REALLY important one: my skin is very sensitive, is there anyway to avoid breakouts now that I use products in my hair and my bangs are on my face?

Thank you! I will post some pictures once I can get my hair to look decent, believe me, it looks really good!
smiles.gif
Thanks again!

RussianSexpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTopTap
I got my hair cut sunday, and I *love* the shape- thanks again guys for all the advice. It really helped.

But now I have a few questions. I keep trying to copy the awesome look the hairdresser gave me. I have been testing a few different kinds of products but they all have the same problem. First, they don't last past 1pm and by then my bangs have really frizzed up. And second, the rest of my hair seems kind of glued together. Like, the top layers are stuck in very defined curls (crunchy/sticky) and the underneath part is frizz.

1. Is there any way to get products through my hair evenly so that it all forms defined but soft curls?
2. Are there certain types of products I should look for? (i.e. glosses/creams/gels/pomades/waxes/muds)
3. Should I apply them wet or dry?
4. And a REALLY important one: my skin is very sensitive, is there anyway to avoid breakouts now that I use products in my hair and my bangs are on my face?

Thank you! I will post some pictures once I can get my hair to look decent, believe me, it looks really good!
smiles.gif
Thanks again!

1. The most common mistake people do when putting product in their hair is just putting it right on the top. Your bottom half of your head needs the most product, so bend your head over and start putting on the product from the back to your head to the forward. And take a few extra minutes to run your hands through to make sure it's evenly distributed - it makes a difference
smiles.gif

2. For a soft curl, a gel/mousse/or leave-in cream would probably work best. I personally use Bed Head Small Talk - you put it in after you wash your hair and it gives good hold without being stiff. There are also shine sprays out that add a considerable amount of shine while putting a little extra hold on it. Pomades and waxes are more for if you're trying to get a piecy, textured look.

3.It depends. Every product is different, so it's best to read the manufacturer's directions. Some may say wet or dry, so to help me determine, I put a small amount in my hand and put it between my fingers and test it out. If it's thick and sticky (or tacky), you'd probably be better putting it on wet. If it rubs onto your hand easier and is more sheer, then it'd be best to use it as a finishing product.

4. The main thing you would have to worry about is your bangs and the front of your hairline. If you're putting in product while it's wet, don't just glop it on in the front, take your time to get it on the root of your hair without smushing it all into your hairline as well. If it's a dry product, use very lightly. With dry products, normally unless it's a spray (whic I'll get to in a minute), you won't want to put it on your roots anyways because it will weigh down your hair = less volume. If it's a spray (like a root spray, hairspray), put a tissue or paper towel under your bangs before you spray. A piece of cardboard, or paper always works too.
smiles.gif

Hope this helped!

Michelle