need a little advice

laceymeow

i would post this in the "so you want to be a mac ma?" forum, but i don't think it quite goes there....
as i've mentioned in that forum i've got a seasonal position at my local estee lauder counter. i've only been there a little over a week. the last day that i worked, my counter manager mentioned that she has a part-time permanent opening since another girl gave short notice and left. she asked me if i was looking for part-time or full-time and i told her at this time i'd be happy with either. i told her i was very interested in the position and hoped to stay on past seasonal. she told me i've been doing great and to keep at it.
my dilema is this: how should i go about pursuing this? should i just casually ask if i'd need to re-apply for the position since i was interested? should i just keep doing my very best, mentioning how much i enjoy the job and wait to see what happens? i feel so silly stressing over this, but i REALLY want the permanent job so i'd love any advice you ladies (& gentlemen) could give.
smiles.gif
the other girls at my counter seem convinced i am staying past seasonal but i don't want to get my hopes up too high until it's for sure.
thanks so much in advance for any advice or tips!

jasper17

Ask about it!

You could just say something like "I'm definitely very interested in the permanent position. Did you need me to reapply or do anything else in order to be considered?"

Sometimes, the powers that be get caught up in other things or forget or if you don't ask, they take that as a sign that maybe you aren't really into it.

Good luck!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
Ask about it!

You could just say something like "I'm definitely very interested in the permanent position. Did you need me to reapply or do anything else in order to be considered?"

Sometimes, the powers that be get caught up in other things or forget or if you don't ask, they take that as a sign that maybe you aren't really into it.

Good luck!

I agree with this advice!

laceymeow

ok so here's an update
smiles.gif
i talked to my counter manager and she said that i don't need to reapply for the permanent position since i'm interested. i have a good feeling that i'll get it from all that's been said. *crosses fingers* ...but i'm just trying to not get too ahead of myself right now. lol

Latest posts