Need a London Spectra-ette's help!

maxcat

Help! I'm headed to the UK and was going to make a special trip to Velvet Illusion (shop with the purple painted psychadellic cars out front) in the Camden Stables and there is a rumour they're *gone*...

Is this true???

caffn8me

Their website seems to be offline and I was in the Camden markets a few weeks back and didn't notice them but I could simply have missed that part as the markets are large with numerous stalls and alleyways. I'm actually heading up almost to Camden later today so I'll take a trip a bit further and see if I can find out for you. when are you coming over?

maxcat

Third week of Oct. - I'm not staying right in London this time so was going to do a special side trip as I love their stuff... but if they're not there I'd be crushed...
Thanks so much for checking this out!!

caffn8me

OK - plans changed and I haven't been to Camden yet but I'll go tomorrow (later today in fact here). I have three pairs of boots that have been repaired which I need to pick up from nearby. I'll let you know what I discover.
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Well, I finally got to Camden today (I was waiting until I was sure that M·A·C Viva Glam VI was out).

I toured the entire Stables market and found the stand where Velvet Illusions was last known to be trading from (stand 38-39). No sign of them. The staff at the store that is now there had no idea whether they are still trading let alone where they might have gone too.

I think you're out of luck, sorry! There are still plenty of stores in the Camden markets to get 60 clothing though so it may still be worth a trip if you've never been.

maxcat

Thank you so much for checking that out for me!
I'm really familiar with Camden - it's sad to see them go - I really like the new '60's that's made to look old. Vintage stuff never fits me right... *les sigh*... And those silly Austin Powers Cars!!! IOU big time...

caffn8me

You owe me nothing, I love wandering around Camden markets
smiles.gif
If you'd like to get together for a coffee or shopping when you get over it would be lovely to meet a fellow Specktra member. Perhaps we could arrange a Specktra social of some sort for other UK based members too when you're over here. What do you think?