Need Advice: Attending Banquet, need suggestions for makeup looks and hair style

xphoenix06

Hi Everyone! I'm attending a banquet with my husband for his fraternity in about a week, I have a dress and shoes (pic.s provided below) picked out for the occasion but don't really know what to do for makeup and hair. I just want to use what I have on hand instead of going out the buy more cosmetics, unless it's an HG/Must Have product you would recommend. I don't really have a particular makeup look in mind so any suggestion would be great! I'm pretty much up for any makeup look and hair style that would be nice and appropriate for this formal banquet. I've tried some looks but they all need up looking the same and not really for special occasions (it's sad but I don't really go out much :( ), I own quite a few cosmetic products but I never really get a chance to play around with them to come up with different types of styles and looks. I tend to only have time/want to do basic (natural) looks, but would like to try to do something a little more than usual since I'll actually have time to spend on my makeup for the banquet. Please and Thank You to Anyone willing to help!
heart.gif

My info.:
-My skin tone is about NC 25 (just a tad bit lighter but a lot darker then NC 20), I wear NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji, MUFE HD foundation in 120, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in 3.5 Warm Beige and Chanel Perfection Lumiere B30.
-As for hair styles, should I curl my hair, put it up, braid it, bun, etc.? I have naturally straight black hair that ends at the middle of my chest, my hair is layered and ends in a v shape, and I usually part my hair/bangs on the right side.

For an eye look, products I own/have:
-Urban Decay's first NAKED palette
-Chanel Beige Lame shadow(Christmas 2011 edition)
-E.L.F. the beauty encyclopedia eyes smokey edition
-MAC's Lucky Tom quad (Hello Kitty collection)
-MAC's Too Dolly quad (Hello Kitty collection)
-Lancome's Color Design Quad in Golden Frenzy 108
-Urban Decay's Urban Ammo Eye Palette
-MAC shadows: Wedge, Sumptuous Olive, Warming Trend, Black Berry, Grand Entrance, Dream Maker, Gleam, Evening Aura, and Blanc Type.
-What color eyeliner should I use too?? brown, black, taupe??

For Blush, products I have are:
-Rock & Republic blush in Tease
-NARS Orgasm
-Chanel Tweed Brun Rose 70
-Chanel JC 02 Rose Bronze (Mirage)
-Tarte Amazonian clay 12 hour blush in Exposed
-Clinque blush in New Clover
-MAC Mineralize blush in Nuance

Lip products on hand
LIpsticks:
-YSL lipsticks in RV Peach Passion 13, RV Nude Beige 1, RPC Rouge Bergamasque 6, RP Golden Melon 059
-MAC Cute-ster, High Tea, Lollipop Loving, Viva Glam IV, Voile (Slim Shine)
-Clinque lipsticks in A Different Grape, Pink Spice
-Chanel RAL Empire 707, RAL Santal 77, RAL Dynastie 74, RCS Monte Carlo 62

Lip products-glosses:
-Chanel glosses in Giggle 46, Unity 41, Amour 166, Aurora 287
-LORAC Multiplex Gloss in 3D
-Anastasia gloss in Sorbert
-MAC CS glosses in Boy Bait, Ever So Rich

-Here's a pic. of the dress and shoes I'm wearing to the banquet, the slip that's under the dress is more warmer almost golden color in person.

Photos of the dress are from Yesstyle.com

Photo of the shoe is from imjustcoolliketht.tumblr

Please and Thank You Again to Anyone that can suggest makeup looks for me with the products I've listed and suggest some hair style ideas for me as well. I greatly appreciate all the help/suggestions/advice that all members of Specktra.net give!!
smiles.gif
heart.gif
urock.gif
heart.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
Hair ~ I like the idea of wearing it down, with a bit of a wave to it. Makeup ~ hrm... *thinks*