Need bird help...

Dr_Girlfriend

Well, not me specifically... It's Mungo. One of my cats. He's indoor/outdoor and for the past week every time he comes back into the yard, he's chased down by a bird. Looks like (maybe?) a bluejay or sparrow. What do I do to get rid of this damn thing??? I'm not quite sure what he did to piss it off but it must have been something!

Mabelle

Blueejay's and sparrows are both supppper territorial! I know first hand about bluejays. I was once once standing on the sidewalk, about 5 ft from the tree, watching some bluejays and then start throwing nuts at me and stuff!

i would suggest you look into where your cat goes, and if theres any bluejay/sparrow nests on or near your house, i would contact someone about moving them.

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Blueejay's and sparrows are both supppper territorial! I know first hand about bluejays. I was once once standing on the sidewalk, about 5 ft from the tree, watching some bluejays and then start throwing nuts at me and stuff!

i would suggest you look into where your cat goes, and if theres any bluejay/sparrow nests on or near your house, i would contact someone about moving them.

The weird thing is that we have a really big corner lot. We have a 1 car garage at the front of the house and another 2 car garage on the west side of the house. I've looked for nests and cant find any. I'm fairly sure it's just one bird tormenting him...

LOL I tried scaring by throwing a shoe in it's general direction (what an awesome plan.. I know.. and thank you j/k)... It wasn't even stunned. It just stared at me. I lost a staring contest to a fucking bluejay!

LMD84

ok i know this is a serious issue... but it is kinda funny! who would have thought that these birds were so terrotorial and agressive! your poor kitty! oh and i hope you got your shoe back
tong.gif

blazeno.8

I have a friend who used to live in a place with bluejays and her cat is indoor outdoor. Because there were so many trees around (in her yard and neighbors'), there was really nothing she could do. Even if her cat was sitting behind a closed window looking outside, the bluejays would come and dive at the window and squawk at her cat. I think her cat just ended up staying inside more to avoid the birds.

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
ok i know this is a serious issue... but it is kinda funny! who would have thought that these birds were so terrotorial and agressive! your poor kitty! oh and i hope you got your shoe back
tong.gif

LOL I totally agree!!! It's friggin hilarious! When he comes inside he gets under the dining room table because he thinks he needs coverage. He was okay yesterday but it came back again today.. I've been trying to get video of it. The damn bird has balls... it played chicken with me as I was trying to pull into my driveway.... Pretty sure my neighbor thinks that I have Tourettes since I'm standing in my driveway and yelling many obscenities at a tree...

Mungo is a big cat at a hair under 15 lbs so that makes it even more entertaining to watch... Wow I feel like a bad mamma for saying that!
Oh yeah.. and I got my shoe back
yes.gif
. I'm honestly surprised it didn't take it as a trophy.

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
I have a friend who used to live in a place with bluejays and her cat is indoor outdoor. Because there were so many trees around (in her yard and neighbors'), there was really nothing she could do. Even if her cat was sitting behind a closed window looking outside, the bluejays would come and dive at the window and squawk at her cat. I think her cat just ended up staying inside more to avoid the birds.

This one LOVES itself some Meow Mix dry food. I'd hear a weird squawking sound and then aluminum so I know it's helping itself. Really wanted it to eat the bird food out of the feeder we have... No idea why it doesn't go after Charles (Mungo's brother.)

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Girlfriend
LOL I totally agree!!! It's friggin hilarious! When he comes inside he gets under the dining room table because he thinks he needs coverage. He was okay yesterday but it came back again today.. I've been trying to get video of it. The damn bird has balls... it played chicken with me as I was trying to pull into my driveway.... Pretty sure my neighbor thinks that I have Tourettes since I'm standing in my driveway and yelling many obscenities at a tree...

Mungo is a big cat at a hair under 15 lbs so that makes it even more entertaining to watch... Wow I feel like a bad mamma for saying that!
Oh yeah.. and I got my shoe back
yes.gif
. I'm honestly surprised it didn't take it as a trophy.

you do need to get a video! i've just been telling my husband about this and even he was shocked... and laughed
cutey.gif
it's just crazy! i never knew birds could be so agressive and terrotorial!

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
you do need to get a video! i've just been telling my husband about this and even he was shocked... and laughed
cutey.gif
it's just crazy! i never knew birds could be so agressive and terrotorial!

I can't get video that's clear. It sucks! LOL my husband didn't believe me until the other day when he witnessed for himself...

And about weird birds... I saw a BIG friggin vulture on one of our sidestreets yesterday. Creepy.As.Hell... I thought "hmm is that a chicken why is there a chicken in the road? Wait.. TURKEY??? No can't be... OMFG BIG VULTURE!!!" Ugly damn birds...

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Girlfriend
I can't get video that's clear. It sucks! LOL my husband didn't believe me until the other day when he witnessed for himself...

And about weird birds... I saw a BIG friggin vulture on one of our sidestreets yesterday. Creepy.As.Hell... I thought "hmm is that a chicken why is there a chicken in the road? Wait.. TURKEY??? No can't be... OMFG BIG VULTURE!!!" Ugly damn birds...

lol! i'm finding the whol 'is that a chicken' thing amusing! it'd be weird to see a chicken in the road... but a vulture! wth?!

Latest posts