Need Brownie and Cookie Recipes

StArCaNdY

I want to bake some chocolate chip cookies and brownies for a friend of mine stationed in Iraq. I've never made any so I have no idea how to make them. I've been looking online on the Food Network site but I don't know if those are any good. If any of you have a really good recipe for either brownies or cookies, please let me know. Thanks so much!

knoxydoll

I have a brownie/cookie recipe. It's both deliciously in one heart attack laden pan.

there's also this thread http://specktra.net/f179/holiday-coo...xchange-86007/ where I had posted it before.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. So deliciously bad for you.

Brownie Layer

3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cookie Layer

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 eggs
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 in baking pan.

2. For brownie layer, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs and vanilla. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Spread into baking pan.

3. For cookie layer, combine in a medium bowl, the oats, the flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. In another medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.

4. Take the cookie mixture and add dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie layer. Press down lightly.

5. Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches in comes out almost clean. Cool completely before cutting. Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.

talste

Here's a yummy one,
It's an Aussie one so will need to be converted into US temperatures & measurements.

M&M & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes approx 20
Ingredients
125g Butter
½ Cup caster sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 & ¾ cups SR Flour
½ tsp salt
2 x 200g packets of M&M’s (add more is desired)
180g Choc chips (add more is desired)

Method
  • Pre heat oven to 180C and line biscuit trays with baking paper.
  • Cream together butter, both sugars and vanilla until mixture is pale. Add egg and mix until well combined. Sift in flour and salt mix well with wooden spoon.
  • Add in M&M’s and choc chips mixing until all combined.
  • Shape dough into small round balls and place on trays allowing room for cookie to spread. Bake for approx 15mins, Cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to wire rack.
* 15 mins baking time gives the cookie a soft moist centre, increase the cooking time to 18 mins if you want a crunchy centre.

rbella

I swear on my life by the cookie recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that is listed on the Nestle chocolate chips bag. When it calls for brown sugar, I use half light brown and half dark brown. Other than that, I follow it to a T. It is soooo goood!!!!!!!!!!

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I swear on my life by the cookie recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that is listed on the Nestle chocolate chips bag. When it calls for brown sugar, I use half light brown and half dark brown. Other than that, I follow it to a T. It is soooo goood!!!!!!!!!!

You mean the bag of just the chips or the cookie bag?

Brittni

W/e recipe you choose I suggest adding 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding to it. It will keep the cookies really soft and extra yummy. I'm @ work now but Ill search for the ***BEST*** soft chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCaNdY
You mean the bag of just the chips or the cookie bag?

Just the bag of chips. I think there are a few recipes on it. I use the dark chocolate chips. The milk chocolate chips work just as well and also has the recipe on it...

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
W/e recipe you choose I suggest adding 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding to it. It will keep the cookies really soft and extra yummy. I'm @ work now but Ill search for the ***BEST*** soft chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.

thanks! Does the vanilla pudding affect the taste though? Like will it taste like vanilla/chocolate cookies?

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCaNdY
thanks! Does the vanilla pudding affect the taste though? Like will it taste like vanilla/chocolate cookies?

Not that I've noticed.
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

Here's the recipe I always use!

They should stay soft enough for the ride over to your friend. hehe.

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Not that I've noticed.
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

Here's the recipe I always use!

They should stay soft enough for the ride over to your friend. hehe.

Thanks! They look so delicious! I'm gonna make these this weekend. And thats a big concern of mine, that they won't stay soft, since it's gonna take about a week or 2 to get there.

BrowneyedBeauty

Allrecipes.com is a wonderful website to find almost any recipe. The best part about it is that people can comment on the recipe and say what they did to change it, what's good about it, what's bad about it, etc. HTH!

nenebird

these always get raves. You might want to use the recipe since it doesn't have butter which will make them last longer in Iraq's heat.

Chocolate chip cookies

I use a Kitchen Aid mixer. This works really well but a hand mixer would work also, You just have to work harder.

Use a good quality cookie sheet. I use some Air Bake ones that are more than 20 years old but work great.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, Combine:

1 cup Crisco
2 large eggs
I cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat on high till white and frothy in texture.

Turn off the mixer. Add:

2 cups white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Turn mixer on slow and wait till all the flour is folded into the egg/sugar mixture.

Add with the mixer on slow:

Add with mixer on slow:
2-3 cups chocolate chips till incorporated. If the batter gets real uneven and threatens to come out the bowl just tamp it down.
Add 2 cups chopped walnuts

2 cups oatmeal
Mix till incorporated

The batch I made for Thanksgiving I used 1 bag of Nestle Chocolatier chips plus another cup and half of regular Nestle’s. To be honest I don’t measure the chocolate that close. Never had a complaint about too Many Chocolate Chips!

This mix will dry out quick so spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets immediately. I use a cookie scoop.

Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until portion of the cookies are light brown. I like a chewy cookie so I keep them light in color. If you like crispy, cook a little longer. If in doubt, undercook a little. They will continue to cook while they cool.

To ensure even cookies I rotate the pans half way through the cooking cycle. My oven doesn’t heat uniformly. Most ovens don’t heat evenly…

Remove from oven when you have desired brownness. Watch them carefully because they can overbrown very quickly.

Let them sit for about 10 minutes before you try to remove or they will just fall apart.

This recipe makes about 3 and a half dozen.

Enjoy!!!

A couple of variations:

Substitute Butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips and roasted peanuts for the walnuts. Instead of vanilla flavoring, I use Butterscotch Schnaps. Yum.

Substitute White Chocolate chips for the chocolate, add one cup of dried cranberries and use walnuts.

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenebird
these always get raves. You might want to use the recipe since it doesn't have butter which will make them last longer in Iraq's heat.

Chocolate chip cookies

I use a Kitchen Aid mixer. This works really well but a hand mixer would work also, You just have to work harder.

Use a good quality cookie sheet. I use some Air Bake ones that are more than 20 years old but work great.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, Combine:

1 cup Crisco
2 large eggs
I cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat on high till white and frothy in texture.

Turn off the mixer. Add:

2 cups white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Turn mixer on slow and wait till all the flour is folded into the egg/sugar mixture.

Add with the mixer on slow:

Add with mixer on slow:
2-3 cups chocolate chips till incorporated. If the batter gets real uneven and threatens to come out the bowl just tamp it down.
Add 2 cups chopped walnuts

2 cups oatmeal
Mix till incorporated

The batch I made for Thanksgiving I used 1 bag of Nestle Chocolatier chips plus another cup and half of regular Nestle’s. To be honest I don’t measure the chocolate that close. Never had a complaint about too Many Chocolate Chips!

This mix will dry out quick so spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets immediately. I use a cookie scoop.

Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until portion of the cookies are light brown. I like a chewy cookie so I keep them light in color. If you like crispy, cook a little longer. If in doubt, undercook a little. They will continue to cook while they cool.

To ensure even cookies I rotate the pans half way through the cooking cycle. My oven doesn’t heat uniformly. Most ovens don’t heat evenly…

Remove from oven when you have desired brownness. Watch them carefully because they can overbrown very quickly.

Let them sit for about 10 minutes before you try to remove or they will just fall apart.

This recipe makes about 3 and a half dozen.

Enjoy!!!

A couple of variations:

Substitute Butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips and roasted peanuts for the walnuts. Instead of vanilla flavoring, I use Butterscotch Schnaps. Yum.

Substitute White Chocolate chips for the chocolate, add one cup of dried cranberries and use walnuts.

Thanks! These sound incredibly delicious!

Latest posts