Need ebay advice...

Nicnivin

Had no idea where to post this so I guess this is right. lol I was offered a second chance on this item so I took it....

NEW MAC Mineralize Skinfinish NORTHERN LIGHT rare msf! - eBay (item 200352888156 end time Jun-15-09 06:31:44 PDT)

Got the MSF in today's mail and it is soooo not new. The clear plastic is missing and the dome is not in tack. The box is not even the matching box and you can see where the sticker was pealed off.

ebay.jpg

I am at a kind of at loss as to what to do and how I should handle this issue... should i contact the seller to return the MSF for a full refund or just keep it and send her an email explaining that I am not happy? I hate causing issues but I don't like misleading auctions either. Suggestions?

TISH1124

Contact the seller and let her know the item was not as described and you would like to return it. Send her copies of the pictures letting her know the item is clearly not NEW as stated on the auction. Then file a paypal dispute stating item was not as described to cover yourself and return the item and provide paypal a delivery confirmation number after you file your claim showing you sent the item back....and once the item has been delivered back to the seller...Paypal will initiate a refund.

You are entitled to get what you pay for and what was advertised...nothing less

MACForME

hi!

Absolultely, contact the seller, Make sure you send a copy of the email to your email also (there is a little checkbox)..do not delay. Ebay and Paypal will only let you file a claim for 45 days.. STARTING the day you paid, NOT The day your received the item! if the seller refuses to do a reversal. FILE.. and FILE FAST.

LMD84

definately contact the seller and let them know it was wrong to advertise it as new when obviously it is not. if you want to keep the item then maybe ask for some money back because it's not new as stated? if you don't want it at all then tell her and if she doesn't co-operate then file a dispute with paypal.

nichollecaren

the two most critical things are that you move quickly...and having delivery confirmation of your return. Make sure you have that!!

gildedangel

Make sure that you contact the seller, and don't wait to file a claim if he/she doesn't respond within 48 hours. Make sure that you file claims through ebay and paypal so that you are covered.

Nicnivin

I contacted the seller and told her I was dissapointed that she sent me a used product and asked for a refund. and she responded rather quickly...
"Hello, As our auctions state, satisfaction is guaranteed, so we are happy to accept returns for refund if you are not satisfied, for whatever reason or no reason at all. We stand behind all our items, and the Northern Light was, indeed, delivered to us as New in the Box and is unused.
I'm sorry you are not happy with the item and hope we can make it right for you."

How the hell was that product new in box, when it wasn't even the correct box.. unused my @ss! lol I sent the MSF back to her today with a DC and I have copies of our communication. So hopefully things will go well.

Thanks all!

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivin
I contacted the seller and told her I was dissapointed that she sent me a used product and asked for a refund. and she responded rather quickly...
"Hello, As our auctions state, satisfaction is guaranteed, so we are happy to accept returns for refund if you are not satisfied, for whatever reason or no reason at all. We stand behind all our items, and the Northern Light was, indeed, delivered to us as New in the Box and is unused.
I'm sorry you are not happy with the item and hope we can make it right for you."

How the hell was that product new in box, when it wasn't even the correct box.. unused my @ss! lol I sent the MSF back to her today with a DC and I have copies of our communication. So hopefully things will go well.

Thanks all!

did you file first? Please tell me you filed, if you had filed paypal would have given you back your money as soon as you could prove it got there, you are now hoping that a dishonest person does the right thing and refunds you immediately at return.

Nicnivin

The seller was extremely nice about the whole thing and refunded my purchase including shipping yesterday.
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks all for your suggestions!