Need foundation help! Puh-leease! I'm clueless!

Peaches

Hey pretty ladies,

I'm having a miniature hissy fit about my skin. I think I have combo skin but I've never "seen" a professional about it... never had a makeover or a facial or anything.

Here's the lowdown:
* The pores on my cheeks and nose are slightly noticeable (moreso than other parts of my face).

* My cheeks seem to be flaking (the right more than the left) but not really "dry" as my whole face feels kinda oily. I use alot of moisturiser. Garnier Stop Night Cream + Garnier Stop Day Cream + Garnier PureA Daily Treatment Moisturiser (I dont know why I use Garnier? Pretty colours probably). I dont actually mind the kinda oiliness, its not enough to bother me. The flaking does.

* I also have little bumps on my forhead and chin sometimes. Annoying to me but not really noticeable.

* My skin tone... is the thing that irks me the most. Its just... odd. I dont know how to describe it. Its all over the place. Blotchy!

* Last on my whinge-list... my face feels really saggy. Like I have excess skin or something. I havent lost weight and I dont have a "fat" face but it just doesnt feel or look firm and tight. PS - I have some wrinkles too and I'm only 21.

I don't know what's wrong with it. It gets rough every few days so I exfoliate with St Ives. Pretty rough so it can feel baby smooth. I put salt on my pimples to make them shrink. It works. Having pimples doesnt bother me, theyre not permanent.

Is there any thing I can use/ do to improve all these things? Also, I'm looking for a dewy anti-wrinkle luminous foundation with decent coverage. I'm currently using Revlon Skinlights Diffusing Tint with Napoleon Auto Pilot Primer and its not giving me any coverage at all (Although I love the primer!)

I have tried using Kosmea rosehip & hibiscus serum daily and it doesnt seem to be doing anything, and I cant stand the smell of rose.

Please help me, it's ruining my life! </dramaqueen>

Jennifer Mcfly

I've never worn liquid foundation or cake foundation so I can't really help you. What I can tell you about it Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals. There have been numerous discussions done on this, and I highly recommend it. It works for all skin types and actually improves you skin! you can check these links:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...=bare+minerals

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...are+escentuals

I hope this helps. I don't know what type of product your looking for, but I just love this stuff. I've used it on all my friends and family and they all fall in love with it and they span the ages and skintypes.
Just a suggestion.

I hope you find something you love!

kare31

You may want to try NARS Balanced foundation. It's a liquid foundation, and gives medium coverage. I have combination skin, oily on the chin and nose, and then dry cheeks. I've worn this b/f when i had dry flakes, and this smoothed my skin out wonderfully. This foundation has oil in it, which moisturizes and leaves the skin dewy. I have very sensitive skin, and the oil in this product has never clogged my pores or given me any breakouts.

makeup_junkie

I second the Bare Escentuals suggestion. I recently started using this (about two weeks ago) and I absolutely love it. I'm NEVER going back to liquid foundation ever again. You should give it a try. The thought of regular foundation makes me cringe.

Otherwise I would suggest just going to a makeup counter and talking to a MA about it. Describe your skin issues and what you want from a foundation and they can recommend one for you and even apply it for you. I'd highly recommend wearing the foundation throughout the day to see what it feels like after a few hours, and also to see what it looks like in different lights because sometimes what looks good in nasty department store lighting ends up looking terrible in natural light.

Peaches

I went to MAC for the very first time ever tonight and I was totally ignored. So I left. All the colours and the range was very overwhelming.

I'm going to try the Bare Escentuals. I have no idea what shade though. The only foundation I've ever used is Revlon Skinlights Diffusing Tint in Nude and Beige and I preferred the Nude.

mspixieears

As you're in Australia, you may want to try out Becca's Luminous Skin Colour foundation. It's at Myer. It's not cheap, but for a foundation-dumbarse like myself, it's f***ing fantastic. It's also indeed dewy.

Aside from the wrinkles you say you notice, your skin sounds very similar to what my skin used to be like. In fact, Neutrogena and Garnier actually aggravated my skin.

I use a lot of Aesop skincare - again, a bit expensive, but so worth it. My skin is now calm, even in tone and texture, and pores are visible, but not horribly so. It's really helped my skin look almost flawless.

For exfoliation I use Dermalogica's daily microfoliant and don't use it everyday like it says you should or can. I won't bore you to death with more info, but feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more.

makeup_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Hooker JJ
I went to MAC for the very first time ever tonight and I was totally ignored. So I left. All the colours and the range was very overwhelming.

I'm going to try the Bare Escentuals. I have no idea what shade though. The only foundation I've ever used is Revlon Skinlights Diffusing Tint in Nude and Beige and I preferred the Nude.

Okay here is a tip. Wait around and ask someone for help. The MAs at MAC are there to HELP you. Don't leave because you felt ignored. Just wait until someone is available and ask them to help you with foundation.