Need help choosing gray shadow...

hello_kitty

Hmm, I've had my eye on a new gray/grayish shadow for awhile now, but don't know what I should get. I'm particularly torn between Shale or Quarry.

I have Scene, Copperplate, and Dovefeather (not quite gray, but I still put it in that category it's grayish purple) already (and Typographic, all the silvers...). So I wouldn't want to get anything that is similar to those colors (VERY limited budget, so I want to make my choices wisely!!)

Any suggestions and recommendations welcomed! I have a gift card, so I wanted to do a small order sometime soon...

User38

Print, Copperplate, Typographic are the best greys imo -- they are grey and matte.

hello_kitty

Haha, have those...

I guess people are missing the line where I say I'm torn between Shale or Quarry... any opinions on those?

January

I would go with Shale. I love that color. You can wear it in the crease or on the lid for a more dramatic look. It's grey, but with a tiny hint of purple.

Also - I think Shale is a pretty unique color. But if you picked up Hypnotizing from LoveLace - you probably don't need both.

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Haha, have those...

I guess people are missing the line where I say I'm torn between Shale or Quarry... any opinions on those?

Quarry - You can use this color in many ways. I have one and it's one of my go to color.

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by January
I would go with Shale. I love that color. You can wear it in the crease or on the lid for a more dramatic look. It's grey, but with a tiny hint of purple.

Also - I think Shale is a pretty unique color. But if you picked up Hypnotizing from LoveLace - you probably don't need both.

Good to know! I do have Hypnotizing.

I wish I didn't live 100 miles from the nearest MAC store, as otherwise I could go swatch and see in person. It's hard to pick out stuff just on the computer
ssad.gif

January

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Good to know! I do have Hypnotizing.

I wish I didn't live 100 miles from the nearest MAC store, as otherwise I could go swatch and see in person. It's hard to pick out stuff just on the computer
ssad.gif

But since you are wanting more satin finish eyeshadows... you definitely won't be disappointed in owning Shale! If you love Hypnotizing, Shale is just the non-Frosty version.
smiles.gif

Latest posts