Need help finding a shimmery highlighter!!

minni4bebe

I have tried MSF's, shimmery blushes, strobe cream, EVERYTHING AT MAC that is supposed to highlight. The problem is that the powders just lay over the little hairs on my face so it looks ashy or patchy. The strobe cream doesn't leave shimmer at all. I need something that will make me glowy but won't make me looking like a disco ball or ashy. HELP ME PLEASE!!
th_confused_new.gif

TIA!

Smokin' Jo

Did you try the MSF from the MAC BBR collection? I think those are great! well thats if you can still get a hold of one.

Heiaken

Have you tried Vanilla pigment or the cream colour bases, I think Preal, Luna or Shell would be good for highlighting
smiles.gif

minni4bebe

I tried all the msfs from bbr and felt they were to 'clumpy' ( i think thats the word im looking for, lol). I am thinking of tryin the vanilla mixed with my cream. CCB's and I don't get along, lol.

LilLatnLdy

Maybe a liquid luminzer like Lorac's would work better for you. If you have a Sephora near then I would suggest going there and asking for a sample to try it before you buy it.

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLatnLdy
Maybe a liquid luminzer like Lorac's would work better for you. If you have a Sephora near then I would suggest going there and asking for a sample to try it before you buy it.

Hmm, I'll be at the mall tomorrow (picking up lucky tom, which I avoided today, lol) so I'll try that. Thanks!

kaexbabey

maybe vanilla pigment since its more smooth than a pressed product.

i used to sort of have that problem with hairs on my face catching product. i got into the habit of waxing it off! it really makes your foundation and blush look more flawless because even though the hairs are little, when u look up close it won't look as flawless because they're laying flat against ur skin when u have lets say, liquid foundation on. and if u have powder foundation on, the little hairs may make you look cakey because powder particles get stuck onto them!

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
maybe vanilla pigment since its more smooth than a pressed product.

i used to sort of have that problem with hairs on my face catching product. i got into the habit of waxing it off! it really makes your foundation and blush look more flawless because even though the hairs are little, when u look up close it won't look as flawless because they're laying flat against ur skin when u have lets say, liquid foundation on. and if u have powder foundation on, the little hairs may make you look cakey because powder particles get stuck onto them!

But won't it look wierd when it grows back?

rachybloom

Benefit High Beam (liquid but more pinky than gold.. I love this stuff)

NARS Albatross (so smooth and shimmery, a bit more golden)

IDontKnowMomo

I would stick with liquids or creams instead of powders.
My initial suggestion was a ccb, maybe try those again.
Also, Targets' Napoleon Perdis line has some liquid highlighters that I'm currently obsessing over
th_drool.gif

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
NARS Albatross.

It will change the way you look at life.

Lmao, this made me laugh out loud. I'll check it out! Is it grainy?

user79

Try Benefits Moonbeam or Moonlight
smiles.gif
It's a very light cream or liquid highlighter - good product in some unfortunate packaging

Humayra

have you tried using honour blush, just really buff it in, then it doesnt look ovb, just very sheeny and nice! Same goes for trace gold
smiles.gif

Latest posts