Need help for everday wear (help to conceal stomach)

user3

So I've got a bit of pudge stomach.

I need some ideas for everyday looks so I can get myself out of these T-Shirts!
I am losing weight but not at a fast rate. Which is good thing, I guess.
th_confused_new.gif

So what are some good looks that can make me feel sexy but not overdressed. I work from home so I am not worried about office wear. The more comfortable the better!

xmrsvindieselx

I love wearing a classy top with black pants..not jeans though..dress pants.usually I wear a cute top and a pair of dress pants and I get TONS of compliments.

user4

black pants are great if u wanna look thin... forgot about that!!! and as much as u did say comfortable... heels just sweep away the pounds and make ppl look tons thinner

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
black pants are great if u wanna look thin... forgot about that!!! and as much as u did say comfortable... heels just sweep away the pounds and make ppl look tons thinner

Me in heels everyday! Oh no! I am sneakers gal! lol

For daily wear I usually slip on a T-shirt and jeans. I am lucky if I even put on sneakers. I often put on flip flops. I don't really get out much
ssad.gif

I take my son to school, pick him up and if I am lucky I will get to go out to the store!
lol.gif

My jobs keep me very busy at home. Often times I will be cleaning the house and working at the same time. Oh the joys! :p

I like the idea of a V-neck. Maybe with the some black jeans. I need to find some nice slimming jeans. I am hourglass shaped so it is very hard for me to find jeans that fit my butt and my waits. Plus I am short!

Where do you all usually shop at for casual clothes?
I am so stuck in my ways that I just can't break myself from Old Navy.

user4

I do old navy and like marshalls or tj max and stuff like that... cuz they get a variety of different brands. im kinda in the same as u... i got big hips (damn hispanics n their big hips... lol) and a smaller waste so its harder for me to find jeans that fit right also. i recently bought a pair of aeropoostale jeans that fit like a dream... perfect!!! i was soo please that i went back to the outlet and bought like 3 more of the same cut jeans (in different shades though LOL) cuz they fit so great. they are stretch and i swear they are cut for people with some junk in their trunk!!! but they are also for tell people (i think) cuz they fit super long and i probably have to hem them all... how tall are you?

AlliSwan

Well-cut blazers/button up shirts. As long as they FIT they'll be long enough and look really good. Plus, you can unbutton them to show off a better asset!

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
Well-cut blazers/button up shirts. As long as they FIT they'll be long enough and look really good. Plus, you can unbutton them to show off a better asset!

that is very true... blazers hide what u want to hide and show what u want to show... and they can be dressed down... and they are super stylish nowadays...

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
I do old navy and like marshalls or tj max and stuff like that... cuz they get a variety of different brands. im kinda in the same as u... i got big hips (damn hispanics n their big hips... lol) and a smaller waste so its harder for me to find jeans that fit right also. i recently bought a pair of aeropoostale jeans that fit like a dream... perfect!!! i was soo please that i went back to the outlet and bought like 3 more of the same cut jeans (in different shades though LOL) cuz they fit so great. they are stretch and i swear they are cut for people with some junk in their trunk!!! but they are also for tell people (i think) cuz they fit super long and i probably have to hem them all... how tall are you?

I am going to have to check those pants out!! I love stretch jeans!!

I am 5'1 3/4". Yes the 3/4 counts! :p My brother who is 6'4" laughs at me because I count the 3/4" but I blame him for stealing my height!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan

Strange you mention blazers. I have thought about buying a few. I thought it would be a great look to toss on a simple shirt and a cute blazer. Oh yes, mama has some "assets" to show off and hubby has been complaining that I don't show them as much as I did in my early twenties.

I am going to have to check a few out.I'll probably have to get them tailored but I'll do anything to get out of this T-shirt slump.

ruby_soho

If you're looking for nice shirts to conceal your stomach, get something with roushing (not sure if I spelled it right). The bunching of fabric around the waist conceals anything you may be self-conscious of. Also, wearing jeans with a higher waist eliminate love handels, as opposed to low rise which allows them to spill out. HTH!
smiles.gif

so_siqqq

I agree with ruby_soho. You could also opt for wearing a nice jean jacket over a nice button up shirt with some khakis for an everyday look. The jean jacket with cover up love handles. Or a simple blazer with some jeans works really well at covering up the stomach too. Try to aim for blazers that have two buttons so it creates an hour-glass waist line. Three button blazers I think give people (esp. women) no shape really.

user3

Thanks I will keep all those ideas fresh in my mind for when I do my fall shopping!!!

Thank you all for your help!!!
banana.gif

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
So I've got a bit of pudge stomach.

Look for wrap-tops, and anything that has more detail around the bust area (like empire) those can be very flattering. I agree on the V-Neck too.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Look for wrap-tops, and anything that has more detail around the bust area (like empire) those can be very flattering. I agree on the V-Neck too.

I was just going to say that, empire waist shirts. Also, a-line or loose fitting tunics, like Indian style would work. I'm a jeans gal with a budha belly and I've found that no pair of jeans I own (and I own alot) hide my pooch, but when I wear khakis or cotton pants they are more giving. Even stretch jeans don't give as much as i'd like. Also, a while ago I saw an episode on some show on the style network. It suggested getting a nice pair of workout pants in black, like the ones with a nice wide waist band and boot or flare legs (no elastic) in a heavy fabric and wearing them as dress pants. Now, I've tried this, and not only is it comfortable, but it looks great. People always ask me what kind of pants I have on and when I say old navy sweats their mouths drop!