Need help for foundation?

experiment2344

I have dry sensitive C3 skin. All mac foundations and BE foundations break me out. I went to ulta and picked up revlon colorstay and Studio Gear pressed powder. I broke out and am all dry and itchy. I hate the colorstay since it went on greyish and was too thick for me. The Studio gear pressed powder I was told is good for dry sensitive skin but the first ingredient is Talc? Also it has a flowery smell.

Should I return the Studio Gear because of the talc? I have no idea what caused the dryness/ itchyness/ zits. I already hated the revlon colorstay so that is going back but I'm not to sure about the SG.

If I should return it can someone tell me some good foundations? I tried clinique, studio fix, studio sculpt, BE, Laura Mercier TM... I'm kind of sick of wasting money on stuff that doesn't work. Also for dry skin do you even need to set with a powder? Someone hellpp.

Rosalie1915

Maybe you should give your skin a rest and just wear a foundation that is minerals, and maybe it is not the foundation maybe it is just your skin. Your skin could be so sensitive that anything you use is making reactions to other stuff you try worse. I would just stick with a natural foundation, or maybe change your skin care regime. If all else fails go to your Derm. and ask what the problem could be. And only if you use liquid foundation do you need to set with a powder. I also have very Dry sensitive skin, and everything breaks me out. I just have to deal with it unfortunitely. Hope this helps
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Honestly; I would stop wearing foundation for awhile and give your skin a rest. Let it heal and calm down before you try any other foundations.

nebbish

Have you tried Tarte? Or Korres? Or Fresh? Those are natural brands & they all make foundations. I've never tried them myself, but I've heard good things.

& like Rosalie said, you might consider changing your skin care regime. Lush Aquamarina would be good for you -- has calamine in it & is great for sensitive skin. *shameless job promotion*

Strawberrymold

Pardon me because the spelling on this is probably way off on this one, but you may be reacting to the oxy bismal chlorite in the foundations you are using, this is an extremely common ingredient in most foundations (especially mineral based ones) and the reactions you are having are pretty common reactions to an allergy to this ingredient. I would try finding a foundation that does not have this in it and see if that helps.

syerr101

you need to try edm (everyday minerals)!! i've tried most and edm is the only one that doesnt give me a pimple at the end of the night. i have it in the intensive formula and i apply it with the flat top kabuki brush that edm has and it gives me good coverage. right now i have mufe hd and f&b and BE and edm foundations in my go to makeup drawer and i always choose edm probably because i know i wont get a pimple. their prices are pretty reasonable $12 for 5.5grams

Anesidora

I also have very sensitive dry skin. I have problems with breakouts with foundation as well.

Clinique works extremely well for me. I wear Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in the shade of "03 IVORY (N)". It goes on smoothly over my sensitive skin.

Gently cleansing and properly moisturing this skin type is extremely important. Otherwise, your foundation and skin will look like crap. I also have problems, mostly in the winter, with excess flaking skin when cleansing and moisturizing my face. I solved this by using a small soft microfiber cloth (dampened) to gently exfoliate my skin during cleansing. This makes sure the moisturizer and foundation go on smoothly with no flakiness (reptile skin).

As for affordable skin care for sensitive dry skin, try Yves Rocher
BIO SPECIFIC ACTIVE SENSITIVE Derma-Calm Day Creme for Sensitive Skin as well as the Bio Specific Active Sensitive Cleansing Lotion and Toner. You can usually get Yves Rocher products up to 50% off through their website, shops, and mail order. Don't try the anti-puffiness undereye cream from Active Sensitive, as I find it stings a bit. For sensitive skin under eyes, the INOSITOL VÉGÉTAL Line Smoothing Eye Cream is very good (silky and gentle). My skin is exposed to lots of wind (often cold wind) daily, since I walk at least 2 miles a day. So, I have had years of experience finding products that won't irritate my skin.

Hope this helps!

lumonia

My skin breaks out extremely easily no matter what i use... moisturizer, powder etc.. There was a time i couldn´t use any powder cos i immeaditely broke out.
So i really recommed you to try oil free products. No mineral oils and no any vegetable or fruit oils. And in powders no talc, that breaks me out too. That made my skin condition so much better. So you could try this perhaps it´ll work on you too.
I recommed this actually to everyone whose skin breaks easilly out and has not find a good reason for it. I´ve heard some react to silicones as well but they don´t seem to cause anything to me. I hope this help a bit.