Need help regarding foundation AND Foundation Primer

saab

I know questions regarding foundations have been asked again and again but i need help tooo LOL...

Ok so first off i have oily skin and pores around my cheeks , so what primer would you girls suggest for an oily skin .

Also i got matched to a NC30 but i think its a little dark for me not too dark , so should i try a NC25 ? like get a sample of it .

i spoke to MAC MA on live chat and she said to get a sample of nc25 . also i wanted to buy a powder to set my foundation , i wanted to buy a MSF NATURAL or a sheer pressed one but she advised me not too and get a blot powder instead ...

so what suggestion would you all give regarding this ? should i buy a blot powder ?? and what primer since when i apply foundation the pores seem a little more visible ?

or should i get pore minimizing cream to put before foundation ?

any help will be appreciated .. Thanks !!

gigiopolis

Seeing as how you have oily skin, I think the MAC MA suggested Blot Powder for you because it's specifically for shine control. Description from the MAC website:
Quote:
A unique pressed powder designed primarily to provide shine control without adding any noticeable colour or texture. Sets foundation, finishes faces. For use in professional situations and for frequent touch-ups. Blot Powder contains Mica and Silica to adsorb excess oils and reduce shine on the skin's surface. Can be applied with the puff that comes in the compact or with a powder brush like #129 Powder/Blush Brush. Perfect for touching up Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation throughout the day.

Whereas the Select Sheer Pressed and MSFN are more like setting powders. Of course, they'll both help eliminate shine, but the description for the Blot Powder sounds more suitable for oily skinned gals like yourself.

As for primer, I suggest using Smashbox Photofinish or Monistat Chafing Gel. They both contain similar ingredients (silicone, dimethicone, etc), and typically those provide a very matte finish, great for oily skin. I find that when I use it, my pores are less visible as well. HTH!

anshu7

primers: smashbox and photofinish.they shud help with the pores too.
try the primer below ur foundation and see if u r still oily then get blot powder if the primer does a gud job at controlling ur oil thn u can go for select sheer pressed. (get nc20 select sheer pressed.it runs a little darker) and for ur foundation u shud definitely try out nc25 f u think nc 30 is dark.
i hope tht helps!

spoiledkiwi

I recommend Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as the primer. It sounds silly, but it's basically the same thing as all those expensive primers, and it's cheap. For the foundation, definitely check out the NC25. If that's too light, then maybe look at another formula. Sometimes you'll find the right match with one formula and not with others.

pennybeau

I also really like Monistat Anti Chafing Gel as a primer; it's cheap and it works. If setting your foundation with a powder doesn't seem to be cutting out for you, you might want to try out a powder foundation. Or you might even want to look for a primer that's more mattifying(?).

saab

Thank you girls for all suggesttions , yeah i am gonna try the primer first and see . i also have mac oil control lotion and that helps too with the oiliness but not with the pores ...
and yeah ill get a sample of nc25 ... hope that works . i just applied the nc30 today on one side of the face and it looks a little brown but not too much ... so ill check out nc25 and see .