Need Help W/ CS issue!!

blueyedlady87

I am stressing so much right now! I'm sure some of you read my rant on here about Lavender Sky and Petal Pusher (I got defects). My Macys absolutely won't take returns without original boxes. So a few weeks ago I contacted MAC via e-mail complaining. They responded today. Their email said that they would be sending a check and a paid for package thingy for me to send the products back in. Really cool and all BUT... I got impatient waiting for CS to get back to me and I ended up giving them to a friend who doesn't have very much money to spend on makeup, especially brands like MAC. She of course, did not care what shape they were in and was very happy. Nooo way could i ask for them back. So now I am panicking!! What on earth should I write to MAC? Or should i not write at all and just cash the check, and toss the product-return box?? But then they'll think I'm a liar. Sorry I just do not know what to do!! Help??!

BTW- I would like to say something about how they did not get back to me for a few weeks and i assumed they weren't going to respond. But then I'm not sure exactly when I contacted them. I could kick myself.
th_confused_new.gif

allan_willb

call them and tell them to void the check...UNLESS they will have all of your information on file and remember you for the rest of your life.Just take care of it now "THE RIGHT WAY" unless you will totally regret it later.

Thats what I think.

Allan

blueyedlady87

O God, I think I'll just e-mail them. I *hate* talking to CS people over the phone. But honestly, two weeks with no reply is a bit much, right? Most sights get back to ya within a couple of days. I am so mad at myself. Gggrr.

baby_love

well personally, I don't think you should have emailed them if you were just going to give them away...and i honestly don't want to sound bitchy, I'm just saying what I think.

I would ask for them back, and buy her something else.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_love
well personally, I don't think you should have emailed them if you were just going to give them away...and i honestly don't want to sound bitchy, I'm just saying what I think.

I would ask for them back, and buy her something else.

I hadn't planned on giving them away.
ssad.gif
It was over 2 weeks and I heard no reply so i assumed there would be no reply. I'm going to have to just suck it up and call MAC tomorrow.

pinkfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
I hadn't planned on giving them away.
ssad.gif
It was over 2 weeks and I heard no reply so i assumed there would be no reply. I'm going to have to just suck it up and call MAC tomorrow.

Well 2 weeks is a long time to wait for a response, but it was a check, most companies only disperse checks at certain times of the week, once a week or so.

The only thing to do would be to call or email them.

Wow macys has a crappy policy - which sucks, cause all my fields are changing into macys soon - boo hiss for their crappy return policy.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
Well 2 weeks is a long time to wait for a response, but it was a check, most companies only disperse checks at certain times of the week, once a week or so.

The only thing to do would be to call or email them.

Wow macys has a crappy policy - which sucks, cause all my fields are changing into macys soon - boo hiss for their crappy return policy.

Yeah, it was two weeks after I e-mailed them before I heard anything. So I have not gotten the check. But it took them 2 weeks to even write me back, that seems like a while to me. And yes, macys' policy sucks. One time a MA picked out Studio Fix, the Stick-foundation (?), and Blot Powder. She said it was a great combo. So i threw away the boxes. Next day I have horrible orange, chunky foundation. I went back and the manager was very apolegetic but couldn't refund me at all. She did help me pick out better stuff and apparently the MA did not know that Blot Powder is not meant to finish a liquid foundation. ? Plus, she gave me a shade 2 tones darker than what I needed. It was clearly her mistake, but I still ended up buying stuff I didn't use. Macys return policy is the worst!

stefunnie

wow.. my macys gives exchanges/store credit.. if theres no box.. i figured it'd be the same everywhere else..

Latest posts