Need help with lipglass on ebay

Hi!

I had bought some Squirt Lipglass on Ebay awhile ago from the seller dollardayz (I think thats the name).

I just recieved it a couple days ago and noticed some huge differences when comparing to my other lipglasses that I have bought at the MAC counter.

The spacing was completely off. It usually says lipglass on the left side. This it was centered. It said .17 oz. for amount and the box was made out of cheap cardboard. Lots of subtle differences too. Different text on the boxes. Huge price tags all over. The Back 2 Mac was on the wrong side of the flaps and upside down.

Also, the tube is frosted..I always thought lipglasses were clear?

Here's the link to what I bought, hopefully someone could clairify this for me? Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-LIPGLASS-Lip...QQcmdZViewItem

If you can't get a conclusion from that picture I can take pictures of the one I have and compare it to the other ones I have.

Chic 2k6

hmmm im looking at my lipglasses and like you said it's centered when it shouldnt be. The Font is different as well, fairly big compared to others.

The sticker on top of the box isnt true black as it should be for a lipglass.

It does look real fishy to me and i think its a fake, unless it could be an old design but does it smell normal to you?

lia_matos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicaldreamx3
Hi!

I had bought some Squirt Lipglass on Ebay awhile ago from the seller dollardayz (I think thats the name).

I just recieved it a couple days ago and noticed some huge differences when comparing to my other lipglasses that I have bought at the MAC counter.

The spacing was completely off. It usually says lipglass on the left side. This it was centered. It said .17 oz. for amount and the box was made out of cheap cardboard. Lots of subtle differences too. Different text on the boxes. Huge price tags all over. The Back 2 Mac was on the wrong side of the flaps and upside down.

Also, the tube is frosted..I always thought lipglasses were clear?

Here's the link to what I bought, hopefully someone could clairify this for me? Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-LIPGLASS-Lip...QQcmdZViewItem

If you can't get a conclusion from that picture I can take pictures of the one I have and compare it to the other ones I have.

Could you take a pic of your lipglass? It could show better than the pic of the audition

caffn8me

It's genuine but it's at least six years old. That's the older style packaging. I've still got one box from that era and the card is poorer quality, matte and the colour label is more dark grey than black. The fonts are entirely consistent. The date code should be on the base of the tube or possibly on the top of the barcode on the box. Post it here and I'll see if I can work out what year it is.

Thanks girls! I'll see if I can get a flash on my digital camera and I will post in a couple of minutes.

Thanks again
smiles.gif