Need help with picking eyeshadow colors

I'm thinking about getting some MAC eyeshadows for the first time! I'm such a newbie. I am tired of the dark brown, beige eyeshadow that I have been wearing for the past few years.

What eyeshadow colors would you recommend me? I want colors! haha.

I don't even know where to start with my eyebrows.

me.jpg

ben

you're best bet is to go into a MAC store and de-virginize yourself. most artist there are totally willing to help clients pick out what is right for them, and will also show you how to use their products.

also, take a look at some of the fotds and make notes of the colours that you really like, you can also browse though the galley where there are pics of MAC shadows listed.

:0)

good luck, and have fun!!

princessOfpOi

Ooh, youre pretty..All your eyebrows need is a more defined shape, and perhaps filling in gently..

I suggest you start by trying something like Old Gold or Blue Brown pigment, as they are fairly neutral but have a nice suble reflective colour too, and plently of people sell sample so you don't need to commit to a full jar if youre experimenting..
As for e/s you didn't say which colours you would like to try, so here is all I could think of..
Tilt, Aquadisiac, Fade, Gorgeous Gold, Greensmoke, Humid, Parfait Amour, Creme De Voilet, Beauty Marked.. That should give you a starting point.. You can see them here.. http://legacycollection.org/mac/main.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessOfpOi
Ooh, youre pretty..All your eyebrows need is a more defined shape, and perhaps filling in gently..

I suggest you start by trying something like Old Gold or Blue Brown pigment, as they are fairly neutral but have a nice suble reflective colour too, and plently of people sell sample so you don't need to commit to a full jar if youre experimenting..
As for e/s you didn't say which colours you would like to try, so here is all I could think of..
Tilt, Aquadisiac, Fade, Gorgeous Gold, Greensmoke, Humid, Parfait Amour, Creme De Voilet, Beauty Marked.. That should give you a starting point.. You can see them here.. http://legacycollection.org/mac/main.php

OOOh Thanks! Theres so many colors to choose from I didnt know what colors will match my skintone. I seen Aquadisiac and I love it! I will definitely check the other ones out also!

joytheobscure

I'd go to a mac counter and just play until you find what you like... I was trying to think of purple shades.. I'd try star violet and hepcat, I think brown eyed girls look so pretty with purples. Or try out a few with the nordstroms warm and cool pallettes. :) I like to just look at the colors and see what I have and don't. I bet sumptuous olive would look pretty on you- a not so neutral green/gold......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
I'd go to a mac counter and just play until you find what you like... I was trying to think of purple shades.. I'd try star violet and hepcat, I think brown eyed girls look so pretty with purples. Or try out a few with the nordstroms warm and cool pallettes. :) I like to just look at the colors and see what I have and don't. I bet sumptuous olive would look pretty on you- a not so neutral green/gold......

thanks! I just didn't want to go up there clueless. I'm making my list!

Soulful

My boyfriend bought me freshwater... and it matches wonderfully with my brown eyes! So if you really wanna try color, try freshwater!